Zane Smith, No. 21 La Paz Chevrolet Silverado
Atlanta Gander Trucks Stats
- Making his first Gander Trucks start at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
2020 Gander Trucks Stats
- Starts: 2, Best start: 6, Best finish: 6
- Saturday’s event at Atlanta Motor Speedway will be Zane Smith’s first race at the 1.5-mile oval. The rookie did have the opportunity to test at Atlanta in January.
- Smith and the No. 21 team will compete with chassis No. 301 this week in Atlanta. Smith competed with this chassis at Las Vegas in February, where he finished sixth. This chassis was used five times in the 2019 season and notably finished second at Texas in March of 2019.
- Smith enters the Atlanta weekend in first place in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle. Smith is sixth in the championship standings.
“I’m excited to get to Atlanta. I learned some stuff in the test that I’m ready to apply to the race. It’s going to be a lot different than Vegas and we will have to think about tire wear, which I’m a fan of since it adds another element to the competition. It’s been nice to have a couple weeks off, but I’m ready to get back to racing.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!