Catch the action…
Friday, November 17: (All times Eastern)
8:30-9:25am – Practice 1 (FOX Sports 1)
10:00-10:55am – Practice 2 (FOX Sports 1)
3:30pm – Qualifying (FOX Sports 1)
7:30pm – NCWTS Setup Show (FOX Sports 1)
8:00pm – Ford Eco-Boost 200 (FOX Sports 1 & MRN Radio)
Stage 1 – 40 Laps (Concludes at lap 40)
Stage 2 – 40 Laps (Concludes at lap 80)
Stage 3 – 54 Laps (Concludes at lap 134)
A Major Milestone… Friday night’s season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway marks a special milestone for ThorSport Racing. The Sandusky, Ohio based team will make it’s 500th NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start – ThorSport Racing has fielded at least one or more trucks in 500 NCWTS events, dating back to 1996.
Let’s Go Places…Toyota has eight NCWTS wins in 21 races at Homestead-Miami Speedway in the NCWTS, including wins in the last four races at the 1.5-mile track.
Driver Point Standings: 13th
Owner Point Standings: 14th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
- This Week’s No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 51 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). This is the same chassis Cody Coughlin piloted to two top-10 finishes earlier this season at Pocono Raceway (8th), and Las Vegas Motor Speedway (6th).
- Miami Minute… Although Coughlin will make his 35th career NCWTS start on Friday night at HMS, the RIDE TV driver will be making his track debut at the 1.5-mile oval.
- Feeling at Home in Homestead… Coughlin may call Delaware, OH home, but the ThorSport Racing driver loves the “Miami Heat.” Coughlin, who enjoys spending time in South Beach, also favors the local fare, and jet skiing when he’s in South Florida.
- Calling The Shots… Rich Lushes will once again call the shots for Coughlin and the No. 13 ThorSport Racing team at HMS.
- A Career-Best… Coughlin scored a career-best, third-place finish in the series’ last stop at Phoenix International Raceway. In 22 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has one top-five and three top-10 finishes.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 34 career NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of third at Phoenix International Speedway (2017).
Chatting with Cody Coughlin…
“I’ve always loved Miami, but it’s always been a vacation spot. This week we’ll get to combine that with the race on Friday night at Homestead-Miami Speedway. It’s a new track for me, so that’ll be interesting. I know that we can race from the bottom of the track, all the way up to the wall, so that’ll be interesting too. I’ll be relying on the notes prepared by Terry Cook (spotter) to get me ready for the race, just like I did for last week’s race at Phoenix.”
Driver Point Standings: 5th
Owner Point Standings: 10th
- This Week’s No. 27 Safelite AutoGlass Toyota Tundra… The No. 27 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 62 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). This is the same chassis Ben Rhodes piloted to two top-five, and four top-10 finishes earlier this season at Atlanta Motor Speedway (4th), Charlotte Motor Speedway (8th), Pocono Raceway (started 1st, finished second), and Chicagoland Speedway (6th).
- Miami Minute… Rhodes made his HMS debut in 2016. The ThorSport Racing driver started 11th, and finished 20th.
- 2017 Season Stats… In 22 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has earned one pole (Pocono), and led 160 laps en route to one win (Las Vegas), six top-five, and 12 top-10 finishes.
- Truck Series Stats… In 49 NCWTS races, Rhodes has two poles, and has led 215 laps en route to one win, nine top-five, and 20 top-10 finishes.
Chatting with Ben Rhodes…
With nothing to lose, what are your plans to close out the season on a high-note at Homestead Friday night?
“I plan to win the race. I plan to end the season on a high note for all the hard work and sacrifice that each and every person on this No. 27 Safelite team has put in. They deserve a championship, and while I can’t give them that, I can give them a win. Duke and Rhonda Thorson, as well as everyone back at the shop who makes it all possible, deserves a good finish to the season. Thank you to all of my fans and sponsors for the support throughout the year.”
2017 Driver Point Standings: 3rd
2017 Owner Point Standings: 2nd
2017 Playoff Position: 3rd
- This Week’s No. 88 Black Label Bacon/Menards Toyota Tundra… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 56 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). This is the same chassis Matt Crafton piloted to a runner-up finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway earlier this season.
- Miami Minute… Crafton has made 16 starts at HMS since 2001. The ThorSport Racing driver’s success includes one pole (2015), and 141 laps led en route to one win (2015), three top-five, and eighth top-10 finishes.
- That’s a Stat… Among active series drivers, who are entered in Friday night’s 134-lap event at HMS, Crafton has the most starts (16), is one of two drivers with a win, is one of three drivers with three top-five finishes, has the most top-10 finishes (8), is the only driver entered with a pole, has completed the most laps (2185), and has led the most laps (141).
- Championship 4… Crafton, a two-time NCWTS champion, clinched his third consecutive Playoff berth following last Friday night’s race at Phoenix International Raceway. The Menards driver will be one of four drivers vying for the title in Fridaynight’s season finale at HMS.
- Intermediate Track Facts…No current NCWTS driver is better at Intermediate-size tracks (1.5-miles) than Crafton. The ThorSport Racing driver has more starts (127), laps (18,548), second-place finishes (13), top-five (41), and top-10 finishes (80), than any other NCWTS driver entering Friday’s 22nd annual event at HMS.
- Season Stats… In 22 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has one win (Eldora), one pole (Michigan), and has led 321 laps en route to five top-five, and 15 top-10 finishes.
- Career Stats…In 406 NCWTS starts, Crafton has earned 13 poles, and led 2456 laps en route to 14 wins, 102 top-five, and 241 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Crafton at Homestead… Crafton will join his fellow Championship 4 contenders for an autograph session on Friday, Nov. 17 from 2:00-2:30pm ET at the Fanatics Stage at HMS.
Chatting with Matt Crafton…
How will you approach the race Friday night at Homestead?
“I have no friends. All my friends are going to come in yellow fire suits with Menards on them. We’re going to take our gloves off, and I promise you that we’re going to have no friends going into that race. We’re going to do whatever it takes to win.”
Having won two championships previously, do you have an advantage at Homestead?
“Without a doubt. I have nothing to lose, to be honest, and I’ve done it twice. I don’t think there’s anybody that has an advantage, it’s whoever has the best truck, and the best man will win Friday night. If it’s meant to be, it will happen, and if not, we have 2018 to focus on. I’m looking forward to it.”
Driver Point Standings: 11th
Owner Point Standings: 13th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
- This Week’s No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Toyota Tundra… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 44 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a third, and seventh-place finish, earlier this season at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Miami Minute… Enfinger made his HMS debut in 2016. The Champion Power Equipment driver started 23rd, and finished 23rd.
- Sunoco Rookie Update… The ThorSport Racing driver is currently second in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle, a mere four points behind Chase Briscoe.
- Season Update… In 22 starts this season, Enfinger has led 41 laps en route to nine top-five, and 14 top-10 finishes, with a season-best start of fifth (Texas Motor Speedway), and a season-best finish of third (Texas Motor Speedway, and Gateway Motorsports Park).
- Truck Series Stats… In 36 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole (Daytona, 2016), and has led 91 laps en route to one win (Talladega, 2016), 11 top-five, and 19 top-10 finishes.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“I’m looking forward to ending the season on a high note with Champion Power Equipment at Homestead, Friday night. The tires wear very quickly there, combined with the progressive banking – it makes for a really fun track. We haven’t run to our potential the last few weeks, but everyone is focused on rebounding for our last race of the season.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!