No. 20 Hunt Brother’s Pizza/DEX Imaging Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· Bristol Recap: After starting on the pole Monday night in his FIELDS Supra, Harrison Burton went on to lead 81 laps en route to a fourth-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway. With his finish, Burton qualified for Saturday’s NASCAR Xfinity Series’ Dash4Cash event. Burton will be competing with Noah Gragson, Chase Briscoe and teammate Brandon Jones for $100,000. The highest finisher out of those four will take home the prize at the end of the night.
· Hot Streak: Burton continues to be off to a historic start to his rookie campaign. With his fourth-place finish on Monday night, Burton extended his top-10 finish streak to seven to start the 2020 campaign. Burton has also been the highest finishing rookie in every race this season.
· Points Update: Burton currently sits third in the NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Championship points standings, just 26 points out of first. Burton also left Bristol extending his Sunoco Rookie of the Year points lead, now holding a commanding 97-point lead heading into this weekend.
· JGR at Atlanta: In 46 combined Xfinity Series starts at Atlanta Motor Speedway, JGR has earned three wins, 14 top-five finishes, 24 top-10s and five pole starting positions. The team has led 66 laps, with an average start of 8.7 and an average finish of 11.6.
· Welcome Hunt Brother’s Pizza: Hunt Brother’s Pizza joins the 20 team this weekend in Atlanta adorning the hood, tv panel, decklid and roof on the No. 20 Toyota Supra. With more than 7,800 locations in 30 states, Hunt Brother’s Pizza is the nation’s largest brand of made-to-order pizza in the convenience store industry.
· RACE INFO: The EchoPark 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, June 6th, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on FoxSports 1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
You qualified for the ‘Dash For Cash’ in your first attempt. How excited are you to go to Atlanta and run for $100,000?
“That’s a big opportunity. There is a lot of things you could do with that money. There is a lot of people in need right now, and a lot of situations that I feel like that could be used for which is a really cool opportunity for me. Obviously, you have to treat your guys with some of that as well if you get it. It’s going to be a cool opportunity. There is a lot of good that you can do with that money. Hopefully, we get to do that. The main thing is going and winning. That’s the main goal, and then the other things will follow. That’s our mindset. No different than any other race, other than it’s a bigger payday in the end, which is obviously amazing, and we are pumped that Xfinity is doing that. The biggest thing for us is to just treat it like any other race and be aggressive and go and try to win.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!