Date: November 2, 2019
Race Name: O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 (Race 31 of 33)
Venue: Texas Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 110 laps (200 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 8th| Chase Briscoe: 22nd
– Chase Briscoe: 5th with 3,083 points; 18 points below cutoff line
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started fifth and finished sixth in Stage 1 to pick up five stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford Performance Mustang started Stage 2 in fifth and finished there for six additional stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford came to pit road for four tires, fuel, and a wedge adjustment at the end of Stage 2.
– Briscoe started the final stage in 10th and was racing for eighth when he had a right rear tire go flat on lap 128.
– He pitted and restarted 10th. He quickly advanced to seventh before caution waved once again on lap 140 and the team pitted for fuel only
– The No. 98 made heavy contact with the wall on lap 160 and stayed out until the right front tire came apart on lap 177.
– The Ford Performance team was forced to pit to change tires and assess damage. Briscoe rejoined the field 3 laps down in 23rd.
– Briscoe gained one additional position to finish 22nd.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“That was just unfortunate. I don’t think we were the car to win by any means but I think we would have run fifth to eighth area. We just had to stay in that same ballpark where the 7 was. We were in really good contention to do that and then I made a mistake running the top and tried to get too much. We thought all our tires looked good but we had a rub and the tire went flat and put us three laps down. Obviously we have our backs against the wall going into next week but we have really good fast race cars. We will go there and try to win the race.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!