Date: November 2, 2019
Race Name: O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 (Race 31 of 33)
Venue: Texas Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 110 laps (200 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 8th | Chase Briscoe: 22nd
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 3,135 points; 52 points above cutoff line
Cole Custer / Thompson Pipe Group/Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
- Custer started from the fourth position and would gain one position through the stage. He finished Stage 1 in third to collect eight points.
- The No. 00 Thompson Pipe Group team came to pit road for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment at the conclusion of Stage 1 to correct a loose-handling condition.
- Custer started Stage 2 in third and would pit after a late-yellow in the stage. He would restart 11th and finish the stage in eighth, earning three more points.
- The No. 00 Ford would not pit at the conclusion of the stage and would restart in the second position.
- The Thompson Pipe Group team would run second until a yellow flag flew on lap 129.
- Custer came to pit road for four tires and fuel during the yellow and would restart in second.
- The No. 00 would get loose on the restart and would fall to 11th as another yellow flag would wave on lap 140.
- The No. 00 team came to pit road from 11th and would take fuel only. He would restart in 12th. Four more cautions would take place before the final green flag run of less than 20 laps.
- Custer raced hard to the checkered flag and finished the race in the eighth position.
- Custer sets himself up nicely as he created a 52 point buffer above the cutoff line.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Thompson Pipe Group Ford Mustang:
“We had a pretty fast Thompson Pipe Group Mustang early in the race, but being in the dirty air caused our car to get really loose the first run. We tried adjusting on it all day but couldn’t get it to where it needed to be. When we had clean air, we had the car to beat. I really wanted to get Thompson Pipe Group back in victory lane like we did in Fontana, but at least we had a solid points day and set ourselves up good for Phoenix next weekend.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!