- Sam Mayer has one NASCAR K&N Pro Series East start at Bristol.
2019 NGOTS Stats
- No prior NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series starts
- This will be Mayer’s NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series debut. He won the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race at Bristol in April from the pole, leading all 150 laps.
- Mayer will do double duty on Thursday at Bristol, competing in both the K&N race and then making his first NGOTS start. Mayer’s K&N crew chief, Mardy Lindley, will do double duty as well with both entries.
- Mayer will race chassis No. 309, which is a Silverado borrowed from Brett Moffitt’s fleet. This is the same truck Moffitt won with in Iowa in June.
- Mayer tested a Silverado at Bristol a few weeks ago to prepare for his first start.
- Manpower U.S. will sponsor Mayer in his three NGOTS starts this season. ManpowerGroup(R), the parent company of Manpower and headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., is the leading global workforce solutions company which helps organizations transform in a fast-changing world of work by sourcing, assessing, developing and managing talent that enables them to succeed.
“I’ve been working really hard with everyone over at GMS, Chevrolet and Drivers Edge Development to get ready for this race. I have no goals other than to get as much experience as possible. Moving up to the next level does mean a lot to me, and I hope to make the best of the opportunity GMS and Chevy have given me. It’s incredible to have a company like Manpower come on board to sponsor me for my truck races this season. I appreciate everyone’s support to help me get to this level.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!