No. 12 BODYARMOR Ford Mustang – Ryan Blaney
Stage 1: 6th
Stage 2: 3rd
Stage 3: 15th
Laps Completed: 88/88
Laps Led: 0
Driver Point Standings (behind first): 10th (-138)
· Ryan Blaney finished 16th in Saturday night’s Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The driver of the BODYARMOR Ford Mustang battled multiple pit miscues during the 88-lap, four segment event.
· Blaney started ninth and reported to crew chief Jeremy Bullins his BODYARMOR Ford was sliding the nose in the center and exit of the corners. He made his first pit stop of the night on lap 28 under caution for four tires, fuel and a slight air pressure adjustment. The first stage would end with a green, white, checkered finish and Blaney managed to drive from ninth to sixth on the restart, where he would ultimately finish.
· Blaney would remain on track during the stage 2 caution and restarted in the top-five when racing resumed on lap 33. He reported the air pressure adjustments helped the balance of the BODYARMOR Ford. After making a late charge to third he fought teammate Joey Logano for the runner-up spot, but would ultimately settle for a third place.
· Under the stage 2 break, Blaney pitted on four tires, fuel and additional air pressure adjustment to help with center turn. Unfortunately, he was forced return to pit road for loose left side lugnuts. The loss of track position forced the BODYARMOR team to change strategy and he would come home 15th when stage 3 concluded on lap 73.
· In an effort to gain back track position, the BODYARMOR crew opted for a two right side tires with an additional air pressure adjustment. Unfortunately, Blaney was forced to start from the rear of the field again after driving through too many pit boxes leaving.
· He tried to fight his way towards the front, but would receive nose damage after contact with Denny Hamlin on lap 75. The BODYARMOR crew made repairs, but the damage affected the overall handling of the car. Blaney managed to bring home a 16th place finish when the race concluded.
Quote: “We had a pretty good BODYARMOR Ford tonight. Unfortunately issues on pit road and on-track on hurt our night. We will try to clean them up and get ready for the Coca-Cola 600 next week.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!