No. 2 Discount Tire Ford Mustang – Brad Keselowski
Stage 1: 16th
Stage 2: 7th
Stage 3: 4th
Laps Completed: 88/88
Laps Led: 4
- Brad Keselowski scored an 11th-place finish in the Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race Saturday night at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- The driver of the Discount Tire Ford Mustang started 14th in the 88-lap race. He steadily worked his way through the field and was up to 10th position when the first caution slowed the race on lap 28. Keselowski said the balance of his No. 2 Mustang was free through the center of Turns 1 and 2 and tight across the bumps in Turns 3 and 4.
- He chose not to pit during the caution, inheriting the race lead with others ahead of him pitted. The race went green on lap 31, two laps from the conclusion of Stage 1. Keselowski quickly backpedaled through field, falling to 16th position over the next two laps when the segment concluded on lap 33. He pitted during the stage caution for four tires and a chassis adjustment and restarted 14th.
- Keselowski finished seventh when the second segment concluded on lap 53. He said his No. 2 Mustang was good in clear air but he couldn’t run the top of the track in Turns 3 and 4. He pitted for four tires following the segment. Fast service by the Discount Tire pit crew moved Keselowski up to fourth-place for the restart.
- He ran inside the top-five throughout Stage 3 and claimed a fourth-place finish when the segment concluded on lap 73. Keselowski pitted for four tires and fuel and restarted ninth when the final segment went green.
- Keselowski struggled on the restart, falling back to 15th position but caught a break when the seventh yellow slowed the race on lap 75. He said he was hitting the front splitter, so the team insert packers into both front shocks, raising the front splitter. The adjustment brought the Discount Tire Ford to life. Keselowski motored through traffic, going from the tail end of the field on the restart to seventh-place by lap 75. He restarted sixth on lap 76 but faded to 11th-place over the final laps.
Quotes: “I was crushing the splitter there towards the end of the race and couldn’t hit a lick on that restart when we fell back. We pitted and put those packers in the front shocks and the Discount Tire Ford really took off. It was a night and day difference. Unfortunately we didn’t the finish we wanted to tonight.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!