|· Hunt Brothers Pizza makes its fourth start with Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) as a primary sponsor with driver Kevin Harvick.
· Hunt Brothers Pizza will pay tribute to its first year in NASCAR with a throwback paint scheme on the No. 41 Ford Mustang Harvick will drive during the Sport Clips Haircuts VFW 200 NASCAR XFINITY Series race Saturday at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway. The 2017 scheme was inspired by Hunt Brothers Pizza’s No. 70 car that debuted at the 2008 Talladega Superspeedway for what was then known as Haas CNC Racing, the precursor to SHR.
· In addition to the iconic green base, the No. 41 Ford Mustang will feature red and white ribbon accents mirroring the brand’s former “pizza shoppe” design that race fans recognize from convenience stores across the country.
· Hunt Brothers Pizza and Haas CNC Racing first teamed up for the 2008 season. In 2014, Hunt Brothers Pizza reunited with what had become SHR to serve as a sponsor in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. When SHR formed an XFINITY Series team for the 2017 season, Hunt Brothers Pizza became a primary sponsor with Harvick and the No. 41 team.
· The No. 41 Ford Mustang will also include a nod to Harvick’s early days in NASCAR with the Camping World Truck Series. A classic pepperoni pizza is displayed on the car, just as the saw blade sliced across the rear quarter panel of Harvick’s No. 98 Porter Cable Ford F-150 truck in 1999.
· Harvick is making his final of six scheduled XFINITY Series starts in the No. 41 Ford Mustang for SHR in 2017.
· He finished fourth at Atlanta Motor Speedway in March, third at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth in April, second at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway in May, fourth at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta in July, and sixth at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International in early August.
· Harvick has one pole, two top-five finishes, eight top-10s and 135 laps led in 14 XFINITY starts at Darlington.
· Harvick won the pole at Darlington in August 2003 with a lap at 167.516 mph.
· His XFINITY Series career includes 46 wins, 182 top-five finishes, 255 top-10s, 25 poles and 9,444 laps led in 340 starts.
· Harvick will be joined Saturday by SHR teammate Cole Custer in the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang at Darlington.