· Simon Pagenaud won the Verizon P1 Pole Award for Sunday’s Honda Indy Toronto in Verizon IndyCar Series qualifying on Saturday.
· This is Pagenaud’s first pole win of the 2017 season.
· It’s his 10th career pole win and first since Sonoma in the 2016 season finale.
· Seven of his 10 career poles came a season ago during his championship season.
· It is also Pagenaud’s first Toronto pole.
· Pagenaud ranks third in the championship standings – 31 points behind the leader.
· Pagenaud was nominated for a 2017 ESPY in the Best Driver category.
· This is the eighth pole for Team Penske in 2017 (Power – 4, Castroneves – 3, Pagenaud – 1).
· Team Penske has won 18 of 29 poles dating back to last year.
· This is the 253rd Verizon IndyCar Series pole win in the history of Team Penske and the 528th pole for the organization overall.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!