No. 20 DEX Imaging Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· Lonestar State: Harrison Burton and his DEX Imaging team head to Texas Motor Speedway this weekend as the NASCAR Xfinity series kicks off the round of 8 of the 2021 playoffs. No stranger to success at the Ft Worth, TX facility, Burton has one win, two top five’s and three top-10 finishes on his resume at the 1.5-mile track. In their last visit to Texas in June, Burton led two laps before getting caught up in a late-race accident.
· Charlotte Recap: The NASCAR Xfinity Series had a home race last weekend as the series paid their annual visit to the Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL. After starting eighth, Burton was a mainstay inside the top 15 for the majority of the race, ultimately crossing the finish line in 15th and advancing to the Round of 8 of the NASCAR Xfinity Series playoffs.
· Texas Size Statistics: Texas Motor Speedway has been good to Burton and the DEX Imaging team in the last couple of years. According to NASCAR Loop Data Statistics, Burton currently sits sixth overall in driver rating and overall running position. Among current NASCAR Xfinity Series drivers, Burton is currently second in those categories.
· Playoff Battle: Following the race in Charlotte last weekend, Burton and his Joe Gibbs Racing team currently sit seventh in the playoff standings, just nine points below the cut line heading into the race this weekend.
· Starting Spot Secured: Based on their performance last weekend at the ROVAL, unofficially, Burton and his DEX Imaging team will start eighth on Saturday afternoon in Texas.
· JGR at Texas: JGR has 15 wins, 41 top five, and 66 top-10 finishes at Texas Motor Speedway in 103 combined starts. JGR won the race held in Texas in June, as Kyle Busch secured the victory in his Toyota Supra.
· DEX IMAGING: DEX Imaging returns as a full-time sponsor of Burton and the No. 20 team this season. DEX Imaging is the digital document imaging division of Staples, the world’s largest business solutions provider. DEX sells and services the broadest selection of copiers, printers, and data management solutions in the industry, such as Konica Minolta, Canon, Kyocera and HP. What makes DEX unique is its people, whose combined knowledge of cutting-edge business technologies and depth of service experience is unmatched. DEX Imaging’s success is directly tied to its mission: to help customers of all sizes drive down document-related expenses while improving productivity.
· RACE INFO: Coverage of this weekend’s race at Texas Motor Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBC, SiriusXM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
“I can’t wait to get this next round started beginning this weekend in Texas. We have three really great tracks coming up for us in this round and I’m looking forward to the challenge. I love racing at Texas. It’s one of the most challenging places we go each year. Jason and I have worked hard this week to see how we can get the most out of our Supra on Saturday. I’m looking forward to the challenge and excited about the opportunity in front of us this weekend.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!