No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· HERBST AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY: This weekend Riley Herbst will make his first-career Xfinity Series start at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
· DOUBLE TIME: In an effort to make up races that were missed during the COVID-10 Pandemic, the Xfinity Series will run two races this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Teams will kick off the weekend with the Hooters 300 on Saturday, June 13, 2020, at 3:30 p.m. ET with coverage on FOX and MRN radio. On Sunday, teams will again hit the track as a prelude to the Cup Series race on Sunday afternoon. The Contender Boats 250 will be on Sunday, June 14, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. ET with coverage on Fox Sports 1 and MRN radio.
· JGR AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 49 total starts at Homestead-Miami Speedway in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. In those starts, the team has earned four wins, 15 top-five finishes, 29 top-10 finishes and four pole starting positions. The team has led 720 laps, completed 9,406 of 9,821 attempted laps (95.8%) and earned an average start of 11.5 and an average finish of 12.9. Kyle Busch leads the team with two wins and Matt Kenseth and Daniel Suarez each scored a win for JGR during their time with the team.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 18 SUPRA: This week Monster Energy will serve as the primary partner for the No. 18 Toyota Supra team.
· ATLANTA RECAP: Riley Herbst and the No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra team started the race at Atlanta Motor Speedway from the sixth position and fought the handling most of the race. A spin midway through the race cost the team a lap and unable to return to the lead lap during the final stage, Herbst crossed the finish line in 17th.
· POINTS UPDATE: Following his 17th-place finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Herbst dropped one position to 11th in the Xfinity Series point standings.
· RACE INFO: The Hooters 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, June 13, 2020. Coverage will begin at 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX and MRN Radio. On Sunday, June 14, 2020, teams are back on track for the Contender Boats 250 at 12:00 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1 and MRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Riley Herbst: “Homestead is another new track for me. It’s going to be challenging with the heat and running two races in the same weekend. I’ve been watching a lot of film and spending time in the simulator to learn as much as I can and be as prepared as I can when we get down there. With it being so warm, it’s going to be super important to hydrate to be able to make it through two races and compete at the highest level. I’m pumped to go to a new track and just excited to be racing with such a good team behind me with our Monster Energy Supra.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!