No. 20 Toyota Accessories Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his fourth Cup Series start at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday afternoon for the Dixie Vodka 400. In his previous three starts, Jones has a best finish of third in the most recent race at the track in November 2019. In the Xfinity Series, Jones has two starts with his best finish being third in 2015. In his lone Truck Series start at the track in 2015, Jones finished the race in the sixth position and claimed the 2015 Truck Series championship and Rookie of the Year honors.
· JGR AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 63 total starts at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned seven wins, 18 top-five finishes, 34 top-10 finishes and five pole starting positions. The team has led 1,528 laps, completed 16,604 of 16,836 attempted laps (98.6%) and earned an average start of 14.2 and an average finish of 13.8. Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch each have two wins at the Florida track with Bobby Labonte earning one win for the team. Busch’s two wins at the track also clenched the Cup Series championships in 2015 and 2019.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For Sunday’s race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, the No. 20 Camry will again support Toyota as the No. 20 Toyota Accessories Camry.
· STARTING POSITION: By the spinning of the wheel and luck of the draw, Jones and the No. 20 team will start Sunday’s race at Homestead-Miami Speedway from the 15th position.
· POINTS UPDATE: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota team gained one position following their 20th-place finish at Martinsville Speedway to 15th in the Cup Series point standings, 195 points out of 1st.
· MARTINSVILLE RECAP: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team started the race at Martinsville Speedway from the 13th position and fought a tight-handling car for most of the race. Making routine stops throughout the 500-lap race for four tires, fuel and adjustments to improve on the handling of the No. 20 Camry, the team crossed the finish line in the 20th position.
· RACE INFO: The Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, June 14, 2020. Coverage will begin at 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “Homestead has been a good track to me over the last few years with the Xfinity Series and now the Cup Series. We’ve had really fast cars there and ran third in the final race last year and had a car that was quick enough at times to win. Hopefully we can come back with a similar set up and have the same kind of run. We need a solid run to get ourselves back where we need to be on track and I think Homestead is the place to do it. It’s going to be a little different with the day race and also not being the final race of the year. I’m excited to get down there and see what it’s going to be like and fight the track during the day. It’s always hot and slick as it is, but during the day it’s going to kind of amplify that. Should be a fun race. Homestead is always a neat place to go out and try to win one.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!