No. 20 DEX Imaging Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· California Recap: Harrison Burton earned his first-career NASCAR Victory last Saturday afternoon at Auto Club Speedway in the DEX Imaging Supra. After qualifying second for the 150-lap event, Burton went on to lead 40 laps en route to taking the checkered flag. With the win, Burton secured his third-consecutive top-five finish to start the 2020 season.
· Historic Start: Burton is off to a historic start to his rookie campaign. With the win last weekend, Burton became the first Sunoco Rookie of the Year candidate in the NASCAR Xfinity Series to post three consecutive top-five finishes in as many races to start the season. In fact, this has only occurred 16-times and Burton is the 11th driver all-time to accomplish the feat; joining Sam Ard (1984), Dale Jarrett (1988), Dale Earnhardt (1990, 1991), Harry Gant (1991), Terry Labonte (1995), Kevin Harvick (2004, 2005), Carl Edwards (2007, 2009, 2010), Elliott Sadler (2012, 2018), Brad Keselowski (2014) and Kyle Busch (2014).
· Points Update: With the win on Saturday, Burton took over the lead in the Xfinity Series driver points standings, now holding a 10-point lead over Chase Briscoe. Burton also left California extending his Sunoco Rookie of the Year points lead, now holding a commanding 54-point lead heading into this weekend.
· JGR at Phoenix: In 89 combined Xfinity Series starts at Phoenix Raceway, JGR has earned 12 wins, 38 top-five finishes, 61 top-10s and 17 pole starting positions. The team has led 2,812 laps, with an average start of 8.3 and an average finish of 9.7.
· DEX IMAGING: DEX Imaging returns as a full-time sponsor of Burton and the No. 20 team this season. DEX Imaging is the digital document imaging division of Staples, the world’s largest business solutions provider. DEX sells and services the broadest selection of copiers, printers and data management solutions in the industry, such as Konica Minolta, Canon, Kyocera and HP. What makes DEX unique is its people, whose combined knowledge of cutting-edge business technologies and depth of service experience is unmatched. DEX Imaging’s success is directly tied to its mission: to help customers of all sizes drive down document-related expenses while improving productivity.
· RACE INFO: The LS Tractor 200 at Phoenix Raceway is scheduled for Saturday, March 7th, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on FoxSports 1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Harrison Burton: “I’m excited to get to Phoenix and get back to racing this weekend. I ran well there in a truck a couple times. Ran ARCA West a time there so I have some experience at Phoenix. It’s one of my favorite racetracks. I get to race Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch, which is going to be awesome. That’s exciting for me. I know a lot of people say they don’t want to the Cup guys to come down and race, but for me as a driver that is the coolest opportunity in the world because that’s your time to prove yourself. That’s your time to go out and make stuff happen. I’m excited, bring them on, let’s do it.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!