No. 20 DEWALT Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones returns to Daytona International Speedway as the most recent race winner having won the season kickoff Busch Clash on Sunday, February 9, 2020. The win was the second time Jones and the No. 20 team visited Victory Lane at the famed superspeedway. His previous win at the track was his first-career Cup Series win on July 7, 2018 in the Coke Zero Sugar 400. With three previous starts in the Daytona 500, Jones best finish in The Great American Race is third in the 2019 race where Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) teammate Denny Hamlin won with Kyle Busch finishing second and Jones rounding out a JGR 1-2-3 finish.
· JGR AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 139 total starts at Daytona International Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned seven wins, 32 top-five finishes, 44 top-10 finishes and four pole starting positions. The team has led 1,674 laps, completed 22,067 of 24,610 attempted laps (89.7%) and earned an average start of 15.5 and an average finish of 19.9. Denny Hamlin won most recently for the team capturing his second Daytona 500 title in 2019. Tony Stewart has won at the track two times with Dale Jarrett, Kyle Busch and Erik Jones each scoring one win for the team.
· CLASH RECAP: Running in his third Busch Clash at Daytona International Speedway, Jones started from the 12th position and survived the crash-filled race to win his first Clash with a battered No. 20 Toyota Camry.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For this week’s Daytona 500, the No. 20 Toyota Camry will carry the DEWALT colors. This will mark DEWALT’s second Daytona 500 with Jones and the third year partnering with Jones and the No. 20 team. DEWALT debuts a new yellow and black scheme for the season starting with the Daytona 500.
· DUEL STARTING LINEUP: With the front row of the Daytona 500 set, teams now turn their focus to Thursday evenings Duels when the remainder of the lineup for the Daytona 500 will be set. Qualifying in the 12th position during Sunday’s qualifying session, Jones will start from the fifth position of Duel 2 Thursday evening. Live coverage of the Duels will begin at 7 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1, MRN and SIRUS XM Channel 90 Radio.
· RACE INFO: The Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, February 16, 2020. Coverage will begin at 2:30 p.m. ET on FOX, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “I can’t wait to start my fourth Daytona 500. We had a great win in the Clash and have a lot of momentum for this Sunday. It would be a dream come true to win the 500 and complete the trifecta of winning all three Cup races at Daytona.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!