- Kurt Busch has career totals of 29 wins, 21 poles, 126 top-five finishes and 248 top-10s in 587 career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts heading into Sunday’sCoca-Cola 600at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway. His most recent NASCAR Cup Series win came in February at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway in the season-opening Daytona 500.
- Sunday’s Coca-Cola 600 will mark Busch’s 34th career NASCAR Cup Series start at Charlotte. Busch has one win, seven top-five finishes and 11 top-10s at the 1.5-mile oval. Additionally, the 38-year-old driver has led 623 laps, has an average starting position of 19.7, an average finish of 17.9 and has completed 91.8 percent (10,818 of 11,788) of the laps he’s contested there.
- Previous Winner – Busch started second and led 252 of 400 laps at Charlotte en route to recording his 22nd NASCAR Cup Series victory on May 30, 2010.Busch held off a hard-charging Jamie McMurray to score his only points-paying victory at Charlotte. He won the NASCAR All-Star Race the week before, becoming just the seventh driver to win both races in the same year.
- The Las Vegas native has 21 career NASCAR Cup Series poles. Busch has never won a pole at Charlotte. His best start there is second, where he has started three times (October 2005, and May 2010 and 2013).
- In two NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Charlotte, Busch has a best finish of second in May 2006.
- Thus Far in 2017 – Busch has accumulated one win, one top-five finish and five top-10s in 11 starts.
- Get to the Points – With his 19th-place finish at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City two weeks ago, Busch enters Charlotte 15th in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series championship standings, 229 points behind series leader Kyle Larson.
- Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) at Charlotte – In 46 overall starts at Charlotte, SHR has earned four poles, one win, six top-five finishes and 17 top-10s, have been atop the leaderboard for 548 laps, and have completed 95 percent of the laps contested (15,708 of 16,540).
- SHR in 2017 – 11 races into the 2017 season, SHR Ford Fusions have recorded two poles, one win, seven top-five finishes and 16 top-10s. They have completed 13,142 of 14,000 laps contested and have collectively led 487 laps.
- The No. 41 Haas Automation/Monster Energy Ford Fusion will carry decals on the lower-rear quarter panel for:
Ø Edgewater Automation, LLC.Founded in 2001, Edgewater Automation designs and builds custom automation equipment for a wide variety of industries. Edgewater Automation has five different locations throughout North America in Michigan, South Carolina and California. Featured three times on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America, Edgewater Automation is constantly improving and growing in talent, experience, and technology.
Ø Machine Shop Services. Founded in in 1978 with one customer, two manual machines and 300 square feet of shop space, MSS Inc. has grown to 24 CNC machining centers, 22,000 square feet of manufacturing space, 6,000 square feet of fabrication space, 50 employees working three shifts, and hundreds of customers in widely diverse industries.
Ø Haas Factory Outlet Greensboro, a division of Phillips Corp., 8500 Triad Drive, Colfax, NC 27235, is an exclusive dealer of Haas Automation CNC machine tools, serving Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Eastern Pennsylvania, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Southern New Jersey and Tennessee. Phillips offers outstanding Haas sales, service, training, applications support, and spare parts. Phillips also supports manufacturing education through the Haas Technical Education Centers at the Spartanburg Community College, Lanier Technical College and Tennessee College Applied of Technology, among others.