TRACK: RACE: DATE: TRACK: RACE: DATE:
JR MOTORSPORTS TEAM PREVIEW:
VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200 (147 laps / 200.8 miles) Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Chevrolet Silverado 250 (64 laps / 157.37 miles)
Sunday, Sept. 4, 2016
Broadcast Information – TV: 3:30 p.m. ET on NBC / Radio: MRN & Sirius Ch. 90 3 p.m. ET
PR Manager: Josh Masten firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-677-6098
No. 1 OneMain Chevrolet
- The paint scheme on the No. 1 Chevrolet pays tribute to the longest running sponsor in the Xfinity Series, OneMain. Elliott Sadler and NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett split driving duties in this scheme in 2005.
- The Emporia, Va. native has 12 NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) starts at Darlington with four top-five and five top-10 finishes. Sadler finished a career-best second in back-to-back years (2013 and 2014).
- Sadler has led a total of 41 laps in NXS competition at Darlington, leading all full-time NXS drivers.
- Sadler scored his 20th top-10 finish of the season last weekend, the most among NXS drivers.
PR Manager: Megan Johnson email@example.com; 704-773-1992
No. 7 Brandt’s Fertilizer Chevrolet
- Justin Allgaier will run a throwback paint scheme this weekend at Darlington Raceway, honoring the history of primary sponsor BRANDT Professional Agriculture.
- In five NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) starts at Darlington, Allgaier has two top fives and three top 10s, with a best finish of fourth (2011).
- He’s led in three of those five races, totaling 31 laps, and has an average finish of 9.8 at the historic track.
- Allgaier is on a streak of seven straight top-seven finishes and leads the NXS in the number of points earned during that span (248).
- With three races left until the inaugural NXS Chase field is solidified, the 30-year-old driver sits third in the point standings, just three markers behind second-place Daniel Suarez.
No. 88 Armour Vienna Sausage Chevrolet
- Kevin Harvick has 13 NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) starts at Darlington Raceway, including two top fives and eight top 10s, with a best finish of fourth (2015).
- In his 19 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at “The Track Too Tough to Tame”, he has one win (2014), five top fives and eight top 10s.
- Crew chief Dave Elenz has one start as a crew chief at Darlingtonwith Kevin Harvick in 2015 where the No. 88 Chevrolet finishedfourth.
- The No. 88 JR Motorsports Chevrolet sits sixth in the NXS ownerstandings, 95 markers behind the No. 2 entry from Richard Childress Racing.
PR Manager: Kelsey Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-677-6317
Broadcast Information – TV: 2:30 p.m. ET on FS1 / Radio: MRN & Sirius Ch. 90 2 p.m. ET
- Cole Custer’s run of three straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series top-10 finishes ended at Michigan, but he has two straight top-10 results at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP).
- In two starts at the 2.459-mile road course, Custer has finished ninth and 10th, leading 24 laps in the process. He led with 12 laps remaining last season before finishing 10th.
- Custer’s average start is 5.0 at CTMP, and his driver rating there is 110.7, best among series regulars.
- Custer needs a win to assure himself a spot in the Chase. By doing so, he bumps Daniel Hemric or Timothy Peters – the only winless drivers currently in the top eight in points – out of a Chase birth.
No. 00 Haas Automation Chevrolet
PR Manager: Ron Lemasters email@example.com; 704-658-5776
“Darlington is one of those special and historic tracks that I always look forward to racing at. This weekend should be a lot of fun and I am proud to be running the throwback paint scheme that Dale Jarrett and I ran back in 2005. This is a place where you have to handle well because we run so close to the wall. I love this place.”
“Darlington is a track with a lot of history and is one that you circle on your calendar each year. This track has a lot of character and it is easy to make mistakes, so we just focus on ourselves, race the track and try to avoid making any of those mistakes. I am looking forward to having Armour back on board this weekend and hopefully getting a victory for JR Motorsports.”
“I always love racing at Darlington. It’s such a unique, challenging race track where you really have to be disciplined as a driver. This is always such a legendary weekend and the fans there are amazing. Plus, I’m running a throwback paint scheme showing off BRANDT’s history, so it’s going to be a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to it.”
“We’ve run really well at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park and qualified even better, which is good because it looks like we’re going to have to win one of the next two to make the Chase. We were running up front at Michigan, had the lead with not a lot of laps left, so I’ll take that as a very big positive and go into this weekend with that in mind. I’ve done well on the road courses, especially this one, and we’ll give Haas Automation, OneMain and JR Motorsports all we have to get to Victory Lane.
Sadler 2016 Stats (NXS)
23 1 7 20 27 7.9
Allgaier 2016 Stats (NXS)
23 0 9 19 19 9.8
Harvick 2016 Stats (NXS)
Starts 4 Wins 0 Top 5s 1 Top 10s 3 Laps Led 0 Avg. Finish 7.0 Points N/A
Custer 2016 Stats (NCWTS)
JRM Team Updates
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!