There are numerous changes that will be apparent to all of us as the Daytona Speedweeks unfold in February. Most of us will need s scorecard in front of us as FOX cranks up the many hours of telecasting!
Below is a synopsis of where they are in 2014:
1. #3 [was #29] Austin Dillon moves up from Nationwide Series to replace Kevin Harvick and the car number changes to #3 with Dow Chemical and Cheerios as the sponsor.
2. #4 [was #39] Kevin Harvick moves from the RCR #29 to Stewart-Haas Racing #4, bringing with him both Budweiser and Jimmy Johns.
3. #7 Michael Annett brings Flying J sponsorship to Tommy Baldwin Racing, replacing Dave Blaney as the driver.
4. #26, is a new 2nd team for Swan Racing team with Cole Whitt in the driver seat.
5. #30 is the first Swan Racing team, and will have Parker Kligerman driving for them.
6. #31 will have Ryan Newman replacing Jeff Burton in this RCR ride.
7. #32 GoGreen Racing teams up with FAS Lane Racing, becomes Go Fas Racing with Terry Labonte driving in the Daytona 500.
8. #35 Josh Wise will not return and the team has not announced the driver lineup for 2014.
9. #41 Kurt Busch moves to a brand new 4th Stewart-Haas Racing team.
10. #42 Kyle Larson replaces Juan Pablo Montoya in the Target Chip Ganassi team. JPM heads back to Indycar with Team Penske.
11. #47 A.J. Allmendinger replaces Bobby Labonte at JTG_Daugherty as that team switches to Chevy.
12. #55 Brian Vickers (if healthy) takes over the ride full time at Michael Waltrip Racing, after sharing it the last two years.
13. #66 [was #56] Michael Waltrip runs the Daytona 500, and Jeff Burton will be in the seat at Las Vegas, and maybe a few other races for MWR.
14. #77 [was #19] Dave Blaney gets a full time ride with the Randy Humphrey team, and that team switches to Ford.
15. #78 Martin Truex Jr. moves from the MWR #56 to drive for Barney Vissar at Furniture Row Racing.
16. #95 Michael McDowell replaces Scott Speed/Reed Sorenson at the Levine Family Racing and that could run full time.
17. #98 Phil Parsons Racing now is employing Josh Wise as the driver, and the team switches to Chevy from Ford.
Not Announced/Unknown Plans
18. #12 is a third Penske team that could run Ryan Blaney in a few 2014 Cup races.
19. #33 Circle Sport / Richard Childress Racing collaboration; Landon Cassill to return and Brian Scott will run the Daytona 500.
20. #36 J.J. Yeley could return in the second Tommy Baldwin Racing car? Yeley tested at Charlotte in Dec., but not at Daytona.
21. #40 Hillman Racing, Landon Cassill tested for them at Daytona.
22. #51 Harry Scott owned Phoenix Racing team supposedly will make Justin Allgaier the driver. A second team, #52 with Bobby Labonte behind wheel for the Daytona 500.
23. #83 David Reutimann will not return to the team. The team will announce drivers in mid January, and could change car numbers. Alex Bowman is the new driver with the number remaining the same.
24. #87 Joe Nemechek tested at Daytona and looks like he will return in 2014.
25. #92 Brian Keselowski, switches to Ford from Toyota.
26. #93 BK Racing team plans to announce driver lineup in mid January, also they could change car numbers. Alex Bowman will be driving for this team with the new number of 23.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!