- Round: NASCAR Cup Series race No. 6 of 36
- Track Location: Circuit Of The Americas (COTA) – Austin, Texas
- Race Name: EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix
- Broadcast: Sunday, March 26th at 3:30 PM ET live on FOX (TV), PRN (Radio) Sirius XM NASCAR Ch. 90
- Team Entrants:
No. 42 | Noah Gragson & Luke Lambert – Black Rifle Coffee Company Chevrolet Camaro Zl1
No. 43 | Erik Jones & Dave Elenz – Allegiant Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
No. 84 | Jimmie Johnson & Todd Gordon – Club Wyndham Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Erik Jones, No. 43 Allegiant Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Circuit Of The Americas Stats
- NCS Starts: 2; Best start: 29th; Best finish: 9th (2022); Top 10s: 1
2023 NCS Season Stats
- Starts: 5; Best start: 10th; Best finish: 8th (Atlanta); Top 10s: 1, Laps led: 14, Current points position: 21st
- About Allegiant: Las Vegas-based Allegiant (NASDAQ: ALGT) is an integrated travel company with an airline at its heart, focused on connecting customers with the people, places and experiences that matter most. Since 1999, Allegiant Air has linked travelers in small-to-medium cities to world-class vacation destinations with all-nonstop flights and industry-low average fares. Today, Allegiant’s fleet serves communities across the nation, with base airfares less than half the cost of the average domestic roundtrip ticket. For more information, visit us at Allegiant.com.
- First Top-10 of the Year: In a remarkable run to the finish, Jones was able to pass several cars on the white flag lap in Atlanta to bring home his Allegiant Chevrolet with an eighth place finish. Not only was this Erik’s best finish of the season, but it was also LEGACY MOTOR CLUB’s best result yet, scoring the team’s first top-10 of the year. A great recovery and sign of tenacity overcoming damage sustained in “the big one” towards the end of the race.
- Racing in the Rain: Jones has raced in the rain three times during his NASCAR career – once at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, and three times in the NASCAR Cup Series at the Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL, COTA, and most recently Watkins Glen last season. He’s been quite successful in that discipline, earning three top-10 finishes with a best showing of third place at the ROVAL in 2020. If the wet condition tires end up get used on Sunday, Jones might be one to watch.
-EJ Appearances: Fans attending this weekend’s EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix will have a chance to meet Erik Jones on Sunday:
Sunday, March 26th | Team Chevy Stage: On race day, Erik Jones will make his way to the Team Chevy Stage for a Q&A session from 10:30 – 10:45 AM local time in the COTA Fan Zone.
- From the Driver’s Seat: With there being no stage breaks for this race, how will that affect the strategy in how you approach this weekend?
“I think it opens up some more options, the old stages how we’ve had the last few years, you were kind of locked in to one way or the other – take stage points or take a higher finishing position. We will see how it used to be I think with running the race backwards and trying to make sure you have enough fuel to get to the end of the race. We will see how much tires matter, I think they are going to be pretty important with probably some more fall off than what we’ve seen in the past with the track aging and getting more slick a bit. I think it will be a fine balance between tires and trying to pit as early as you can to make it on fuel, so we will see how it plays out with our Allegiant Chevy.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!