No. 20 Rheem Toyota Camry News and Notes:
- Bell at Talladega: Christopher Bell will make his fourth NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) start at Talladega Superspeedway (TSS) this weekend. In his first NCS start at TSS he had a fast Camry and with around 30 laps remaining he led the field to the restart. Bell accidently pushed another car below the yellow line while trying to team up with a drafting partner and had to serve a pass-through penalty under green, losing a lap to the field. Bell suffered some damage on an accident coming to the checkered flag, crossing the finish line 29th. In his second NCS start at TSS Bell suffered a flat tire on lap one which caused him to hit the wall, the damage was too severe to continue and resulted in a 39th-place finish. Earlier this season he started sixth and finish 17th in his No. 20 Toyota Camry.
- Bell’s History at Talladega: Bell has two prior NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) starts at Talladega earning one top-five and one top-10 finish. In addition to his NXS races, Bell has three prior NASCAR Truck Series starts at TSS earning one pole, one top-five and two top-10 finishes.
- Featured on the Car: Through their relationship with Rheem, RTP Company will be featured on the TV panel of the No. 20 Rheem Camry this weekend at TSS. RTP Company is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. For more information visit: https://www.rtpcompany.com/
- Rheem Guests at Talladega: Rheem will be hosting 30 guests this weekend at Talladega. There will be 20 guests from RTP.
- Las Vegas Recap: Bell suffered damage to the nose of his No. 20 coming to pit road in stage one under caution. The brakes locked up and he slid into the car in front of him. The team went a lap down making repairs and a caution never fell their way the rest of the race due to long green flag runs to receive the lucky dog award and get back on the lead lap. Bell finished 24th, one lap down to the leaders.
- JGR at Talladega: JGR has claimed five NCS victories at Talladega. In 151 combined starts at the 2.66-mile superspeedway, the organization has tallied 38 top-five finishes, 57 top-10s and 1,415 laps led. The championship-winning organization has an average start of 15.8 an average finish of 17.7.
- RACE INFO: The YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway begins at 2:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, October 3, 2021. The race will be broadcast live on NBC, SiriusXM 90, and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Christopher Bell: “With Vegas not going as planned, we enter Talladega with nothing to lose. I enjoy speedway racing and can’t wait to get going Sunday.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK