No. 20 DEX Imaging Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· Viva Las Vegas: Harrison Burton and his DEX Imaging team head to Las Vegas Motor Speedway this weekend as the series kicks off the 2021 NASCAR Xfinity Series playoffs. Burton will be making his fourth career start at the 1.5-mile Las Vegas facility with one top five and three top-10 finishes on his resume. The Huntersville, NC native has an average start of 10.0 and an average finish of 7.7. In his last outing in Las Vegas back in March, Burton started 22nd and finished ninth in his DEX Imaging Supra.
· Bristol Recap: The NASCAR Xfinity Series paid a visit to Bristol Motor Speedway last Friday night for a 300-lap event under the lights. After starting sixth, Burton was a mainstay inside the top 10 for much of the event, ultimately crossing the finish line in seventh and earning his 19th top-10 finish of the 2021 season.
· The Playoffs Begin: The 2021 NASCAR Xfinity Series playoffs begin on Saturday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with a seven-race battle to crown a champion culminating at Phoenix Raceway on November 6th. Burton and his DEX Imaging team are seeded eighth heading into the weekend with 2,008 points. This will be Burton’s second time participating in the Xfinity Series playoffs. Last season, Burton scored two wins in the playoffs (Texas and Martinsville) on his way to an eighth-place finish.
· Starting Spot Secured: Based on their performance last weekend in Bristol, Burton and his DEX Imaging team will start fifth on Saturday afternoon in Las Vegas.
· JGR at Las Vegas: JGR has 66 total NASCAR Xfinity series starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, with two wins, 20 top five’s and 36 top-10 finishes while leading 1,030 laps.
· DEX IMAGING: DEX Imaging returns as a full-time sponsor of Burton and the No. 20 team this season. DEX Imaging is the digital document imaging division of Staples, the world’s largest business solutions provider. DEX sells and services the broadest selection of copiers, printers, and data management solutions in the industry, such as Konica Minolta, Canon, Kyocera and HP. What makes DEX unique is its people, whose combined knowledge of cutting-edge business technologies and depth of service experience is unmatched. DEX Imaging’s success is directly tied to its mission: to help customers of all sizes drive down document-related expenses while improving productivity.
· RACE INFO: Coverage of this weekend’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, September 25, at 7:30 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, SiriusXM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
“Vegas is a really challenging place. The first Vegas (race) and the second Vegas (race) are completely different racetracks. The temperature is so different and there always seems to be a change in the bumps on the racetrack from the spring to the fall race. Getting ready for what could be a really hot day, or a mild day is challenging as well. The big key to Vegas is figuring out what the line will be. It’s typically been bottom in both corners, but earlier this year we were running the top. Combine all of this with the intensity of the first round in the playoffs and you have a combination for a great race for the fans on Saturday.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!