No. 20 DEX Imaging Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· Too Tough To Tame: Harrison Burton and his DEX Imaging team head to the famed Darlington Raceway this weekend as the series once again tackles the iconic oval located in Darlington, SC. Burton will be making his second start of the 2021 season at the track “Too Tough To Tame” on Saturday, having started eighth and finishing 11th back in early May.
· Daytona Recap: The NASCAR Xfinity Series made their second and final visit of the 2021 season at Daytona International Speedway last week. After starting fifth on Friday night, the skies opened on lap 20, delaying the remaining the portion of the 100-lap event until Saturday afternoon. Once the field went back green, Burton was a mainstay inside the top 10 for the remaining portion of the race, ultimately coming home ninth and earning his 16th top-10 finish of the 2021 season.
· Playoff Spot Secured: Burton and his DEX Imaging team secured their spot in the 2021 NASCAR Xfinity Series playoffs following their top-10 finish in Daytona last weekend. This will be Burton’s second-consecutive playoff appearance as the team looks to advance to the Championship 4 in Phoenix in early November.
· JGR at Darlington: JGR has 70 total NASCAR Xfinity series starts at Darlington Raceway with 11 victories, 35 top five’s, 47 top-10 finishes while leading 1,242 laps.
· DEX IMAGING: DEX Imaging returns as a full-time sponsor of Burton and the No. 20 team this season. DEX Imaging is the digital document imaging division of Staples, the world’s largest business solutions provider. DEX sells and services the broadest selection of copiers, printers, and data management solutions in the industry, such as Konica Minolta, Canon, Kyocera and HP. What makes DEX unique is its people, whose combined knowledge of cutting-edge business technologies and depth of service experience is unmatched. DEX Imaging’s success is directly tied to its mission: to help customers of all sizes drive down document-related expenses while improving productivity.
· RACE INFO: Coverage of this weekend’s race at Darlington Raceway is scheduled for Saturday, September 4, at 3:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, SiriusXM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
“I’m excited to get back on the track and make our return visit to Darlington this weekend. The track will be a little different now with the repave in parts of turn two, so it will probably take a few laps to get a feel for what that’s going to do to our DEX Imaging Supra. Darlington is such a fun place and one of the true iconic racetracks in our sport. It’s an honor to race there and I’m looking forward to the challenge it brings.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!