Zane Smith, No. 21 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
Darlington Raceway Stats
- NCWTS Starts: 2
- Best start: 3rd
- Best finish: 16th (twice)
2021 NCWTS Season Stats
- Starts: 16
- Top 5s: 1
- Top 10s: 10
- Stage wins: 3
- Best start: 2nd
- Best finish: 4th (Nashville)
- Laps led: 66
- Sponsor spotlight: Chevy Accessories returns this week to feature on Zane Smith’s No. 21 Silverado.
- Chassis history/info: Smith and the No. 21 team will utilize chassis no. 331 at Darlington, the same chassis that delivered Smith his first ever NCWTS win at Michigan last season. In total, this Silverado has six Top 10 finishes in seven races, including a fourth place effort this June in Nashville where it was last raced.
- 21in21: Zane Smith finds himself on the outside looking in as the trucks head to Darlington, as a catastrophic rear gear failure parked the No. 21 Silverado with an early exit at Gateway. Smith currently sits ninth in points, just ten points back from the cutline. A solid run in Darlington could bump him back into the Playoffs picture.
- Quote: “I’m looking forward to climbing out of the points hole and getting back in contention at Darlington. Even though our previous finishes aren’t great at this track, I feel like our No. 21 team has always brought fast trucks to compete with. We have to go out there and stay up front throughout the whole race, try to take home as many stage points as possible, and ultimately contend for the win. I’m confident that we will be able to turn things around in this first round of the Playoffs.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!