Daniel Dye, No. 21 Solar-Fit, Heise LED Chevrolet
- Daniel Dye made his fifth career ARCA Menards Series national start on Sunday at the flat Milwaukee Mile oval, driving the No. 21 Solar-Fit, Race to Stop Suicide, Heise LED Chevrolet SS for GMS Racing.
- Dye’s first-ever laps at the historic Milwaukee Mile came during the single 45-minute practice on Sunday morning.
- The 17-year-old Daytona Beach, Florida rookie, timed in third overall in General Tire Pole Qualifying.
- After settling in early on in Sunday’s 150-lap event, Dye drove the No. 21 Chevrolet SS up to the second spot.
- Crew chief Chad Bryant and the team would make minor adjustments during the races two scheduled caution breaks. Dye never fell outside the top-five throughout the 150-mile race.
- Dye’s GMS Racing No. 21 was the fastest car on track in the event’s closing stages and chased down the race leaders. Daniel battled the No. 23 of Sam Mayer for second over the final laps, before settling for third at the checkered flag.
- The third-place finish moved Dye into second in ARCA Menards Series East standings, 24-points behind leader Sammy Smith. The final scheduled East Series event will also be Dye’s next start with GMS, at the world-famous Bristol Motor Speedway, September 16 (FS1, MRN, SiriusXM).
“It was really cool trying to figure out the air. It was fun racing Sam, and him trying to reel in Ty. (Crew chief) Chad Bryant and the GMS Racing group brought a great Solar-Fit, Heise LED Chevy. Milwaukee’s a flat race track and this was the first time I’ve ever been on a flat race track, so I had a lot of fun. Jeff Green did awesome spotting for me and helped out a lot as well. Honestly can’t wait for Bristol, being a track I’ve actually raced at before unlike every other start I’ve had in this 21 car.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!