Chase Purdy, No. 23 Bama Buggies Chevrolet Silverado
World Wide Technology Raceway Stats
- First start at Gateway in NCWTS competition, but Purdy has one start in the ARCA Menards Series.
- ARCA Starts: 1, Top 5s: 1, Top 10s: 1, Best start: 6th, Best finish: 2nd
2021 NCWTS Season Stats
- Starts: 14, Best start: 4th, Best finish: 15th (twice), Laps led: 4
- Sponsor spotlight: Bama Buggies returns this week to feature on Chase Purdy’s No. 23 Silverado.
- Chassis history/info: Purdy and the No. 23 team will utilize chassis no. 313 at Gateway. This chassis has a pair of wins to its credit, with races at Martinsville and Bristol won by Johnny Sauter in 2018. Last time the chassis raced at Gateway was in 2020, where it finished second with Brett Moffitt at the wheel.
- Back and Better Than Ever: Purdy returns to the seat of the No. 23 Chevrolet after missing the series’ last race at Watkins Glen due to a positive COVID-19 test result. GMS Racing is happy to report that Chase is in good health and is medically cleared to race once again.
Quote: “I’m excited to finally get back in the seat this weekend after a long break! Gateway is a racetrack that I’ve run well at in the past in an ARCA car, but I’ve never been here in a truck, so I’ll be learning every lap. I’m looking to keep up that speed I’ve had here in the past with my No. 23 team.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!