No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry News and Notes
- TRUEX AT TEXAS: Martin Truex Jr. has posted four top-five finishes and 16 top-10s in 30 career NASCAR Cup Series starts at Texas Motor Speedway. He has finished 12th or better in nine of the past 11 races at the track dating back to 2015. When the Cup Series visited the track in July, Truex placed in the top 10 in both stages before a multi-car accident in the second half of the event relegated him to a 29th-place result. His 16 top-10 finishes at Texas are his most at a track he has yet to win at.
- STAGE MASTER: Truex, the all-time leader in stage wins with 43, is tied for the most stage victories in the playoffs with three. He ranks second in stage points earned through seven playoff races with 67.
- KANSAS RECAP: The No. 19 team finished ninth in the Round of 8 opener at Kanas Speedway last Sunday. After starting from the rear because of an inspection infraction, Truex raced his way into the top 15 before the competition caution. He ultimately placed eighth in both stages and ended the day ninth after battling a loose handling condition throughout the 267-lap race.
- 550-HP RACES: In 19 races this season using the 550-horsepower package (excluding Daytona and Talladega), Truex has posted six top-five finishes, 13 top-10s and 503 laps led. The No. 19 team has finished fourth or better in five of the past eight 550-horsepower races dating back to the race at Kentucky Speedway in July.
- STATISTICAL RANKINGS: The No. 19 team ranks in the top five in multiple statistical categories, including top-five finishes (third-tied), top-10s (second-tied) and average finishing position (fourth). According to Loop Data provided by NASCAR, Truex also ranks in the top five in fastest drivers late in a run (second), fastest drivers early in a run (third), fastest laps run (third), green flag speed (third), fastest on restarts (fourth), laps in the top 15 (fifth) and percentage of laps run on the lead lap (fifth).
- BASS PRO SHOPS: A longtime supporter of Truex and NASCAR, Bass Pro Shops will be featured as primary sponsor of the No. 19 Camry for Sunday’s race at Texas Motor Speedway. Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more.
- JGR AT TEXAS: Joe Gibbs Racing owns eight NASCAR Cup Series victories at Texas Motor Speedway. In 120 combined starts at the track, the organization has tallied 32 top-five finishes, 55 top-10s and 2,044 laps led. Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, and Tony Stewart have all wheeled JGR entries to victory lane at Texas.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of the NASCAR Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway begins Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, PRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio.
Martin Truex Jr., Driver of the No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry
Talk about going to Texas this weekend…
“We’re confident going into these next two weekends that we can win at either track. I feel really good about how we ran at Texas in July until we got caught up in that wreck. James (Small, crew chief) and the guys brought a great car and they’ve brought great cars all year. We just need to build on that and unload a little better to put ourselves in contention to be up front, get some stage points and hopefully be there at the end.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!