No. 20 Sport Clips Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his eighth-career Cup Series start this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. In his previous seven starts at the track, Jones has a career-best finish of fifth from the June race earlier this season. In addition to his Cup Series starts at the 2.66-mile high-banked track, Jones has starts in both the Xfinity and the Truck Series. In the Xfinity Series, Jones has three-career starts with a best-finish of fifth in 2017. Jones has his career-best finish at the track among NASCAR’s top-three series in the Truck Series with a fourth-place finish in 2015.
· JGR AT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 143 total starts at Talladega Superspeedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned four wins, 36 top-five finishes, 55 top-10 finishes and one pole starting position. The team has led 1,319 laps, completed 25,657 of 27,055 attempted laps (94.8%) and earned an average start of 16.3 and an average finish of 17.6. Bobby Labonte, Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin each have a win for the team.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For the last superspeedway race of the 2020 season, Jones will have long-time partner Sport Clips on the No. 20 Camry this weekend for the YellaWood 500.
· STARTING LINE UP: Erik Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team will start Sunday’s race at Talladega Superspeedway from the 16th position.
· LAS VEAGAS RECAP: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team started the race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway from the 13th position and struggled with handling during the first half of the race, but rebounded strong in the final stage to finish the race with an eighth-place finish.
· RACE INFO: The YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway is scheduled for Sunday, October 4, 2020. Coverage of the race will begin at 2:00 p.m. ET on NBC, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “We have six races left this year and we want to win. Talladega is a great opportunity for us. We almost won there earlier this year and I think as long as we stay out of the big one and can put ourselves in a good spot at the end, we can have a shot at the win. Obviously, everybody’s got a chance at Talladega, but I think we have just as good of a chance as anyone. Our goal before the end of the year is to win a race and hopefully we can do that this weekend with Sport Clips.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!