Sam Mayer, No. 24 All Weather Armour Chevrolet Silverado
Notes & Quotes:
- Sam Mayer started 17th for Thursday night’s Gander Trucks event and had worked his way into the top 10 early on, finishing seventh in Stage One. The team pitted during the break to take tape off the grill and go one round down on the trackbar. Mayer battled inside the top 10 during the second stage, finish fifth in Stage Two. Mayer reported he was a little free and the team pitted for tires and an air pressure adjustment during the stage two break. Mayer took the lead with 30 to go and would go on to win the race.
- This is Mayer’s first career Gander Trucks win.
- Mayer becomes the second youngest winner in Gander Trucks history at the age of 17 years, 2 months, 22 days. Mayer becomes the youngest Gander Trucks winner at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Mayer led once for 30 laps. Mayer was part of a trio of GMS Racing drivers that combined to lead every lap of the race.
- Mayer will return to the No 24 Silverado at Martinsville Speedway in October.
“Bristol dude! I love this place. This is win number three for me here. I don’t what to say. I can’t thank all the guys at the shop enough. They work their tails off. We fired off so good. We only made one trackbar adjustment all day. That feels so good! I knew the team was capable, everyone that was part of this 24 Armour Guard team. I knew they could do it, I just had to come here and perform. That last pit stop put us in a perfect place and we were able to drive right by all of them. That is such a good feeling. We have two more truck races this year and the momentum is awesome.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!