No. 20 Auto-Owners Insurance Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his eighth-career Cup Series start at Bristol Motor Speedway when teams return to the Tennessee short track for Saturday night’s race. In his previous seven starts at the track, Jones has one pole, three top-five finishes and has led 293. His best-career finish in the Cup Series is a second-place finish from his rookie season in 2017 where he led 260 of 500 laps before finishing in the runner-up position to Kyle Busch. In the Xfinity Series, Jones has six starts with two wins and in the Truck Series, he has start with a sixth-place finish.
· JGR AT BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 142 total starts at Bristol Motor Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned 13 wins, 36 top-five finishes, 54 top-10 finishes and 11 pole starting positions. The team has led 6,064 laps, completed 66,391 of 70,934 attempted laps (93.6%) and earned an average start of 14.6 and an average finish of 17.1. Kyle Busch leads the team with seven wins followed by Denny Hamlin and Matt Kenseth with two wins each and Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards each have one win for the team.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For this weekend’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway, the No. 20 Toyota Camry will carry Auto-Owners Insurance. Established in 1916, Auto-Owners Insurance Group is headquartered in Lansing, Michigan. Recognized for exceptional financial strength and stability, it is among the nation’s largest insurers and writes more than five million policies annually. The company is represented by 48,000 licensed agents in 26 states and offers multiple lines of insurance including life, home, auto and business. This will be the second and final time the special Simple Human Sense scheme will appear on the No. 20 Toyota Camry this season.
· STARTING LINE UP: Erik Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team will start Saturday night’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway from the 24th position.
· RICHMOND RECAP: Starting the Saturday night race at Richmond Raceway from the 17th position, Jones and the No. 20 team struggled with a tight-handling Camry most of the race and with limited cautions and opportunities to adjust on the car, finished the race in 22nd place, two laps down to the leaders.
· RACE INFO: The Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, September 19, 2020. Coverage of the race will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “Bristol has always been one of my favorite tracks and a track where I feel we have a shot at the win every time we show up. We’ve been so close to the win there the last few years and had a top-five finish earlier this year. We’ve always got good speed and have fast cars, and that’s a good feeling to know we are going there and should be in contention from the start of the race. We should start mid pack and we’ve got 500 miles to get to the front and put ourselves in the right spot at the end to give ourselves a shot at the win. I’m excited to get to Bristol. It’s always a fun race and I’m looking forward to getting Auto-Owners Insurance a good finish in their last race of the year with the 20 team.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!