No. 20 IRWIN SPEEDBOR Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT RICHMOND RACEWAY: Erik Jones will make his seventh-career Cup Series start at Richmond Raceway on Saturday night, under the lights, for the Federated Auto Parts 400. In his previous six starts at the Virginia short track, Jones has four top-15 finishes with a career-best finish of sixth during his rookie season in 2017. In addition to his Cup Series starts at the track, Jones has four starts in the Xfinity Series with three top-five finishes and a career-best finish of second in 2016.
· JGR AT RICHMOND RACEWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 139 total starts at Richmond Raceway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned 16 wins, 46 top-five finishes, 75 top-10 finishes and 11 pole starting positions. The team has led 5,058 laps, completed 54,877 of 55,686 attempted laps (98.5%) and earned an average start of 13.9 and an average finish of 12.4. Kyle Busch leads the team with six wins followed by Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin with three wins each, Martin Truex Jr. with two wins and Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards with one win each.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For the second time this season, Erik Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team will carry IRWIN SPEEDBOR as the primary partner. IRWIN tools is a Stanley Black and Decker brand and was featured on the No. 20 Camry at Las Vegas Motor Speedway earlier this season where Jones finished 23rd.
· STARTING LINE UP: Erik Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team will start Saturday night’s race at Richmond Raceway from the 17th position.
· DARLINGTON RECAP: Returning to Darlington Raceway as the defending Southern 500 winners, Jones and the No. 20 team had a strong showing with a fourth-place finish. Jones started the race from 30th and finished stage one in 11th place and stage two in seventh place. With a fast Camry, Jones was able to run as high as third before finishing the Southern 500 with a solid fourth-place finish.
· RACE INFO: The Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway is scheduled for Saturday, September 12, 2020. Coverage of the race will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “Richmond has been a pretty good track to me in the past in the Cup Series and in the Xfinity Series. Last year we had one of our best finishes, but the record books don’t show it. I think we can go out and have a good run this weekend and leave with a top five finish and have a good shot at the win. We had a good run last week at Darlington and I know we have what it takes to win, we just need everything to line up and fall in place at the right time. It should be a fun race and I’m looking forward to getting a strong finish for IRWIN for their last race with us this season.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!