Sheldon Creed, No. 2 Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado
Darlington Gander Trucks Stats
- No prior Gander Trucks starts at Darlington.
2020 Gander Trucks Stats
- Starts: 14
- Wins: 3
- Best start: 1
- Best finish: 1
- Top 5s: 5
- Top 10s: 8
- Stage wins: 4
- Laps led: 122
- Sheldon Creed will carry a throwback scheme at Darlington, paying tribute to Jimmie Johnson’s trophy truck. Creed and Johnson, both from Southern California, got their start in off-road racing.
- Creed and the No. 2 team will compete with chassis No. 302 this weekend in Darlington. Creed has four previous starts with this chassis in 2020, most notably a third-place finish at Pocono in June.
- Creed has led laps in eight of the last nine Gander Trucks races in 2020.
- Creed is currently fifth in the championship standings and is locked into the playoffs with his wins at Kentucky, Daytona Road Course and Gateway.
“Obviously, it’s my first time at Darlington and the first time in a few years for the trucks so not really sure what to expect. We’ve had some time in the simulator thanks to Chevy and that does a good job of getting us prepared. I’m really excited about my throwback scheme, it’s a throwback to Jimmie Johnson’s trophy truck. We’ve both got really similar backgrounds and we’re from the same town so being able to have a throwback scheme to him this weekend is pretty cool. We’ll go out there and just be patient and see how things shake out and try to be around at the end to go for another win.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!