Brett Moffitt, No. 23 GMS Fabrication Chevrolet Silverado
Darlington Gander Trucks Stats
- No prior Gander Trucks starts at Darlington.
2020 Gander Trucks Stats
- Starts: 14
- Best start: 1
- Best finish: 2
- Top 5s: 6
- Top 10s: 9
- Stage wins: 4
- Laps led: 150
- Brett Moffitt has two prior NASCAR starts at Darlington Raceway, one Cup start in 2015 and a Xfinity start in 2020 where he finished 11th.
- Moffitt and the No. 23 team will utilize chassis No. 306 this week in Darlington. Moffitt has four top-10 finishes and 34 laps led in five starts with this chassis in 2020.
- Moffitt’s Silverado will feature a throwback scheme to Bobby Allison’s 1985 Miller scheme.
- Moffitt is currently third in championship points standings, 33 points behind the leader and 118 points above the playoff cutoff line.
“Darlington will be interesting. I’m one of only a handful of drivers in the field that have had track time at Darlington, whether it was in a truck or another NASCAR series. I was able to run the Xfinity race earlier this year and my guys on the 23 team have been running Xfinity races there the last few years. Hopefully that will play out to our advantage. We’ve been so close for the last few weeks, looking forward to going out there this weekend and trying to finally get that first win of the season.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!