Series: ARCA Menards Series
Race: Dutch Boy 150
Duration: 120 laps / 150 miles
Segments: Segment one – at or near lap-40. Segment two – at or near lap-80.
TV/Radio: 6:00PM ET MAVTV and TrackPass on NBC Gold – MRN & SIRIUSXM Ch. 385 and online Ch. 985
· PREVIOUS STARTS: While the ARCA Menards Series began going back to WWT at Gateway in 2018, all three VMS entries have one previous start at the track, in 2019.
· DRIVER REPORT: This week’s VMS driver lineup:
o Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
o Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
o Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
· SIOUX CHIEF SHOWDOWN: Saturday evenings race marks the seventh race of the 2020 Sioux Chief Showdown. Self edged teammate Smith from the lead following his win at the Daytona Road Course. Dollar is currently ninth with four races
· TRIPLE HEADER: WWT has a jam-packed racing schedule this weekend, on top of the ARCA race Saturday evening, the NTT IndyCar Series will hold two races, one Saturday and Sunday while the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Series will race Sunday afternoon.
· SCHEDULE: Officials have scheduled thirty-minute group practice Saturday, from 10:30-11AM CT.
· WELCOME BACK FANS: All four WWT races this weekend will be allowed to have fans in the stands. Local St. Louis residents can stop at any nearby Menards to get discounted tickets.
· STARTING LINEUP: 2020 Sioux Chief Showdown Owners Points will set the field from Friday evenings race. Michael Self starts first, followed by Smith in second and Dollar in ninth.
· SOCIAL: Fans can interact with VMS and their drivers on social media utilizing the different outlets:
o Facebook: VenturiniMotorsports
o Twitter: @VenturiniMotor
o Instagram: VenturiniMotorsports
o Hashtags: #FlyTheV #TeamToyota #DINOracing #PoweringChampions
Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
“Gateway was one of two ARCA starts I was able to make last year and I really liked the track. I’m confident I’ll be up to speed quickly there and that we’ll be competitive. Looking forward to this weekend in our Sunbelt Rentals Camry.”
Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
“I’m excited to get back to Gateway with my Venturini Motorsports team. Last year we had a really fast car at the beginning and I’m looking forward to hitting the track in my JBL Toyota.”
Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“Gateway is a really fun track. It’s fairly technical for an oval, with two totally different corners, but I enjoyed racing there last year. We were able to start things off with a bang and qualify on the pole, then lead the most laps, but mechanical issues took us out of the race early. I’m hoping we can capitalize on our momentum from Daytona and rebound from last year.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!