No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· HERBST AT DAYTONA: Riley Herbst will make his third-career Xfinity Series start at the famed Daytona International Speedway on Friday night for the Coca-Cola 250. In his previous two starts in the series at the track, Herbst has a best-career finish of 18th. In addition to his Xfinity Series starts, Herbst has one Truck Series start from earlier this year where he started from the pole position and finished 12th. With three Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA) starts at the 2.5-mile track, Herbst has three top-10 finishes and a career-best finish of seventh.
· JGR AT DAYTONA: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 97 total starts at Daytona International Speedway in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. In those starts, the team has earned four win, 24 top-five finishes, 39 top-10 finishes and seven pole starting position. The team has led 637 laps, completed 9,848 of 10,944 attempted laps (90.0%) and earned an average start of 10.5 and an average finish of 16.9. Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano and Matt Kenseth each have a win for the team at Daytona International Speedway.
· STARTING LINE UP: Herbst and the No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra team will start Friday night’s race at Daytona International Speedway from the 10th position.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 18 SUPRA: This week Monster Energy will serve as the primary partner for the No. 18 Toyota Supra team for the Friday night race at Daytona International Speedway.
· DOVER DOUBLEHEADER RECAP: For the doubleheader weekend at Dover International Speedway, Herbst and the Monster Energy Toyota Supra team scored two top-10 finishes to bring Herbst’s top-10 finishes this season to 12. In the race on Saturday afternoon, Herbst started the race from the sixth position and ran the majority of the 200-lap race in the top-10 before finishing with a strong sixth-place finish. With the top-15 finishers from Saturday’s race inverted for the start of Sunday’s race, Herbst started Sunday’s race from the 10th position. Overcoming a pit road penalty, Herbst was able to finish the second race at Dover with a ninth-place finish.
· POINTS UPDATE: With his two top-10 finishes at Dover International Speedway, Herbst remains 10th in the Xfinity Series point standings.
· RACE INFO: The Coca Cola 250 at Daytona International Speedway is scheduled for Friday, August 28, 2020, at 7:30 p.m. ET. The race will be broadcast on NBCSN, MRN Radio and SIRIUS XM Channel 90.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Riley Herbst: “I’m looking forward to Daytona. Hopefully the weather stays away for the race. Daytona is kind of a question for everybody and a wildcard race. We’ve always had fast Toyota’s in the past, so I’m looking forward to it. We need to work with our teammates because we’re out numbered a little bit on the manufacturer side. I’ve spent a lot of time in the sim and watching videos to see how to best set up passes and learn as much as I can about superspeedway racing. We’ll see what happens, but it should be a fun race.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!