No. 20 Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Heading to Dover International Speedway for the doubleheader weekend, Erik Jones enters the weekend with six-career Cup Series starts at the one-mile concrete oval. In his previous six Cup Series starts at the track, Jones has a career-best finish of fourth in 2018. With starts in the Xfinity and the Truck Series, Jones has one win in the Xfinity Series in 2016 and a career-best third in the Truck Series in 2015.
· JGR AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 138 total starts at Dover International Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned eight wins, 44 top-five finishes, 71 top-10 finishes and eight pole starting positions. The team has led 3,130 laps, completed 51,892 of 56,372 attempted laps (92.1%) and earned an average start of 12.6 and an average finish of 15.4. Kyle Busch leads the team with three wins followed by Tony Stewart with two wins and Bobby Labonte, Matt Kenseth and Martin Truex Jr. each with one win for the team.
· STARTING LINE UP: Erik Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team will start Saturday’s race at Dover International Speedway from the 13th position. The starting line-up for Sunday’s race will be set based on the finishing order of Saturday’s race with the top-20 finishers inverted.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For this weekend’s doubleheader at Dover International Speedway, Jones will support two partners. For the Drydene 311 on Saturday, August 22, 2020, Jones will pilot the No. 20 DEWALT ATOMIC Toyota Camry. For the second race of the weekend, Jones will pilot the No. 20 Reser’s Toyota Camry for the Drydene 311 on Sunday, August 23, 2020.
For Saturday’s race at Dover International Speedway, the No. 20 DEWALT Toyota Camry will carry a special paint scheme featuring DEWALT ATOMIC.
The ATOMIC Compact Series ™ is an addition to the 20V MAX* system, which is DEWALT’s largest cordless platform with 200+ products.
Where Size Meets Power, the ATOMIC™ Compact Series combines performance and durability in a compact format for a variety of applications.
· RESER’S FINE FOODS:
o Reser’s foods can be found locally at Dover at Safeway, Food-Lion, Acme, and Redner’s and more, or nationally at your favorite local grocer. Dover regional favorites:
o Deviled Egg Potato Salad – Tender potatoes, crisp celery, red bell pepper, white onion, and hard-cooked eggs tossed in a rich, creamy dressing.
o Amish Macaroni Salad – This Amish-style macaroni salad highlights classic flavors of the NE with elbow macaroni, hard-cooked egg and crunchy pieces of carrot in a sweet and creamy dressing.
· POINTS UPDATE: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team now sit 18th on the Playoff grid following the race at the Daytona Road Course. The series has three races remaining in the regular season before the 2020 Playoffs.
· DAYTONA ROAD COURSE RECAP: The Cup Series competed for the first time on the Daytona Road Course on Sunday, August 16. Jones and the No. 20 team started the race from the 20th position and finished stage one in the sixth position and stage two in the 16th position before finishing the race with an 11th-place finish.
· RACE INFO: The Drydene 311 at Dover International Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, August 22, 2020 with the second Drydene 311 scheduled for Sunday, August 23, 2020. Coverage of both races will begin at 4:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “Dover has been a decent track for us the last few times we’ve been. We’ve had decent runs and been in the top 10 and the top five a couple of times, so hopefully we can take some of what we’ve learned and make it better. It’s a different package from last year with the low down force coming back and then the double header weekend. I’m looking forward to that. It’s going to a pretty physically demanding weekend. Dover is not an easy track to get around as a driver, so it’s a lot of work, mentally and physically, to get around that place. It’s going to be fun in that way and a challenge, but it’s an opportunity to score a lot of points and get a win. We made it through the Daytona Road Course fine and we’re sitting where we need some points or a win to get in to the Playoffs, so this is a great opportunity before the Daytona oval season ender to get ourselves in position for that race to either be good on points or get ourselves a win and get locked in. I’m excited for it. It should be a good race for us and I’m looking forward to running two races this weekend at Dover.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!