Series: ARCA Menards Series
Track: Daytona International Speedway – Road Course
Race: General Tire 100
Duration: 28 laps / 101.8 miles
Segments: Segment one – at or near lap-15.
TV/Radio: 5:00PM ET MAVTV and TrackPass on NBC Gold – MRN & SIRIUSXM Ch. 385 and online Ch. 985
· ALL FOUR SERIES: In a historic trip to the Daytona International Speedway Road Course, the ARCA Menards Series will be one of the four National NASCAR Series competing over the weekend.
· DRIVER REPORT: This week’s VMS driver lineup:
o Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
o Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
o Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
· LEFT AND RIGHTS: Over the course of the unique 3.61-mile, 14-turn road course, drivers will test their skill with a mixture of left and right-handed turns.
· RAIN OR SHINE: In the event Mother Nature should decide to rain, General Tire will provide the teams with General Tire SC wet radial tires, to ensure racing continues.
· SCHEDULE: Officials have scheduled one-hour of practice Friday, from 2-3:00PM ET, the only scheduled practice session across all four Series in attendance.
· FIRST TIME SINCE 2017: Friday’s road course race, marks the first time since 2017 the ARCA Menards Series has visited this style of facility. They last raced at Road America, where VMS had three entries.
· STARTING LINEUP: 2020 Sioux Chief Showdown Owners Points will set the field from Friday evenings race. Chandler Smith starts first, followed by Self in second and Dollar in eighth.
· ROAD COURSE ACE: With “road racing instructor” on his resume and two ARCA West Series road course wins to his credit, Self looks to finally get his first ARCA Menards Series start on a road course.
· TEST AND TUNE: In preparation for this weekend’s race, Drew Dollar spent time at Virginia International Raceway testing a TA2 car with the guidance of teammate Michael Self.
· LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION: Tune in live on MAVTV Friday, August 14 at 5PM ET and be sure to look for Michael Self with the Sioux Chief in-car camera.
· SOCIAL: Fans can interact with VMS and their drivers on social media utilizing the different outlets:
o Facebook: VenturiniMotorsports
o Twitter: @VenturiniMotor
o Instagram: VenturiniMotorsports
o Hashtags: #FlyTheV #TeamToyota #DINOracing #PoweringChampions
Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
“This weekend’s race is definitely going to be interesting. I’m not sure what to think or expect heading into my first road course race, but I feel pretty good about it. I’m sure its’ going to be a ton of fun and I look forward to getting on-track Friday.”
Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
“I always envisioned my first race at Daytona (International Speedway) would be on the big track, not the road course, but I am excited to try something new this weekend. I know my Venturini Motorsports crew has prepared me another fast JBL Toyota and I can’t wait to go left and right on Friday.”
Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“It’s almost surreal to finally be going to a road course in an ARCA car. The opportunity has eluded me for so long. Road America wasn’t one we were able to make in 2017, then there wasn’t a road course on the schedule in 2018 or 2019, then this year we had two, but COVID through everything in loop. I’m really excited for this one. I go to the Daytona Road Course every year to coach guys that run in the Trans Am Series, so I’m very familiar with the track and frankly I’m just looking to go enjoy turning laps in my favorite form of racing.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!