No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· HERBST AT DAYTONA ROAD COURSE: The Xfinity Series will compete on the road course at Daytona International Speedway for the first time this weekend. With teams and NASCAR continuing to adapt this season to the COVID-19 pandemic, this race replaces the Watkins Glen International race. Herbst’s start last weekend at Road America marks his lone Xfinity Series race on a road course.
· STARTING LINE UP: Debuting a new qualifying procedure this week utilizing performances at Road America, Herbst and the No. 18 Monster Energy team will start Saturday’s race from the 14th position.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 18 SUPRA: This week Monster Energy will serve as the primary partner for the No. 18 Toyota Supra team.
· ROAD AMERICA RECAP: Herbst started Saturday’s race at Road America from the fifth position and had a strong showing throughout the race before a late-race incident on the final laps dropped Herbst from a top-five finish to a 23rd-place finish.
· POINTS UPDATE: With his 23rd-place finish at Road America, Herbst sits 11th in the Xfinity Series point standings.
· RACE INFO: The UNOH 188 at the Daytona International Speedway Road Course is scheduled for Saturday, August 15, 2020. The race will begin at 3:00 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on NBCSN, MRN Radio and SIRIUS XM Channel 90.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Riley Herbst: “I’m excited to get to the Daytona Road Course this week. I really enjoy road courses and had a top-five run going last week at Road America until contact late in the race, so we didn’t get the finish my Monster Energy team deserved. This week is nice because most of the time when we go to a track I’ve never been too, most of the field has seen it before. This week, we are all going in to the weekend running the track for the first time. I’ve definitely spent a lot of time with Dave (Rogers, crew chief) this week preparing, as well as had time in the sim and been able to talk with Jack Hawksworth who drives for Lexus. That’s given me someone to talk to who has been on the road course before and can give me pointers to help me prepare for the race. I think it’ll be a lot of fun and I’m excited to try to get our Monster Energy Supra in victory lane on Saturday.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!