No. 95 Germania Insurance Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· Daytona Road Course: Christopher Bell will make his first NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) road course start this Sunday at Daytona International Speedway. The infield road course at Daytona is new for the entire field and makes its debut on the NCS schedule this weekend.
· Road Course Success: Bell is no stranger to making right and left turns around a road course. In 2019 he competed in four road course events in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS), earning his first victory on a road course at Road America. Bell also found success in the others, he finished second at both Watkins Glen and Mid-Ohio and was on track for another top-five finish at the Charlotte Roval until a penalty late in the race.
· Germania Insurance: Germania Insurance, based out of Brenham Texas, will be the primary sponsor on the No. 95 this weekend at Daytona. Germania Insurance is a provider for auto, home, and life coverage. For more information visit: https://www.germaniainsurance.com/
· Michigan Doubleheader Recap: Bell had a fast No. 95 Toyota Camry for both races in Michigan. On Saturday Bell raced his way inside the top five in the final stage but got shuffled back on restarts and crossed the finish line 13th. Bell started eighth on Sunday at Michigan and ran as high as second while being a consistent figure inside the top five. A flat tire in stage three caught him a lap down, but he was able to earn the “lucky dog” and get back on the lead lap to salvage a 17th-place finish.
· Race Info: The GoBowling235 on the Road Course at Daytona International Speedway begins at 3:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, August 16th, 2020 and will be broadcast live on NBC, Sirius XM 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Christopher Bell: “It’s going to be very different going to a road course that I’ve never been at and the majority of the field hasn’t been at and no practice before they drop the green flag, it’s going to be pretty crazy. I think it will be calm to start while everyone gets their bearings but at the end when people get confident it will be interesting to see.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!