Series: ARCA Menards Series
Track: Michigan International Speedway
Race: VizCom 200
Duration: 100 laps / 200 miles
Segments: Segment one – at or near lap-30. Segment two – at or near lap-60.
TV/Radio: 1:00PM ET MAVTV and TrackPass on NBC Gold – MRN & SIRIUSXM Ch. 385 and online Ch. 985
· LOOKING TO REPEAT: Michael Self heads into this weekend’s race as the defending winner. Self started the 2019 race from the pole and led 89-laps in route to the victory.
· DRIVER REPORT: This week’s VMS driver lineup:
o Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
o Ryan Repko – No. 20 Craftsman, Cometic Gasket Toyota Camry
o Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
· NEW COMERS: Both Drew Dollar and Ryan Repko will be making their first starts at the famed 2-mile oval in Brooklyn, Michigan.
· IRISH HILLS LOVE: Venturini Motorsports has four previous victories at the D-shaped speedway. 2010 with Mikey Kile, 2013 with Brennan Poole, 2014 with Austin Theriault and 2019 with Michael Self.
· SCHEDULE: Do to at-track restrictions, officials will hold a 30-minute group practice session from 11:30AM – 12PM.
· CUP START: Michigan International Speedway played host to VMS patriarch “Big” Bill Venturini’s first NASCAR Cup Series start in 1989.
· STARTING LINEUP: 2020 ARCA Menards Series Owners Points will set the field for Sunday’s 100-lap race. Ryan Repko will roll off second followed by Michael Self in third and Drew Dollar in fifth.
· SPONSOR ALERT: Cometic Gasket, Inc., is a leading worldwide supplier of gaskets and engine sealing solutions for the automotive performance, powersports, original equipment and remanufactured engine industries. No matter what you ride, Cometic Gasket can seal your machine so you can focus on the finish line.
· LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION: Tune in live on MAVTV Sunday, August 9 at 1PM ET and be sure to look for Michael Self with the Sinclair Oil in-car camera as well as Drew Dollar with the General Tire in-car camera.
· SOCIAL: Fans can interact with VMS and their drivers on social media utilizing the different outlets:
o Facebook: VenturiniMotorsports
o Twitter: @VenturiniMotor
o Instagram: VenturiniMotorsports
o Hashtags: #FlyTheV #TeamToyota #DINOracing #PoweringChampions
Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
“Michigan (International Speedway) should be a really good race for us. VMS dominated there last year, so I know my Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry will be fast. I am excited to get back to an intermediate style track and go racing.”
Ryan Repko – No. 20 Craftsman, Cometic Gasket Toyota Camry
“We had a really good run and a fast Toyota Camry at Kansas Speedway. I feel like I’m getting the hang of the bigger intermediate style tracks. We have two second place finishes this year so hopefully this is the race I get that break through win.”
Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“Michigan (International Speedway) is definitely one of my favorite tracks. I’ve had two really strong runs there the last two years and it’s a track I feel like I know really well. Our big track stuff hasn’t been what we’d like it to be lately, but two of the VMS Toyota’s ran really well at Kansas (Speedway) so we’re hoping we can take the info we have from there and the experience we have at MIS and try to get our stuff back to where it needs to be.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!