No. 20 STANLEY Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his seventh-career and eighth-career Cup Series start this weekend at Michigan International Speedway. Heading in to the double-header weekend at his home track, Jones has a best finish of third in the Cup Series from his rookie season in 2017. In addition to his Cup Series starts, Jones has starts in both the Xfinity and Truck Series. In his lone Xfinity Series start at the track in 2016, Jones led 18 laps and finished fourth. In his only start at the track in the Truck Series in 2015, he led 16 laps and finished third.
· JGR AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 138 total starts at Michigan International Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned eight wins, 38 top-five finishes, 63 top-10 finishes and seven pole starting positions. The team has led 1,080 laps, completed 25,614 of 26,833 attempted laps (95.5%) and earned an average start of 14.9 and an average finish of 14.9. Bobby Labonte leads the team with three wins followed by Denny Hamlin with two wins and Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch and Matt Kenseth with one win each.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For the double-header weekend at his home track, Michigan International Speedway, Jones will carry STANLEY’s black and yellow scheme for Saturday’s FireKeepers Casino 312 and Sunday’s Consumers Energy 312.
· POINTS UPDATE: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team now sit 18th in the point standings following their 24th-place finish at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
· NEW HAMPSHIRE RECAP: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team started the race New Hampshire Motor Speedway from the 17th position and overcame several mishaps and handling issues to run as high as 11th before finishing the race in the 24th position.
· RACE INFO: The FireKeepers Casino 312 at Michigan International Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, August 8, 2020. Coverage of the race will begin at 4:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio. The Consumers Energy 312 at Michigan International Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, August 9, 2020. Coverage of the race will begin at 4:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “Michigan is always fun for me to come home and spend time with family during the week and visit back home. I haven’t been here for a while, so it’s good to see everybody. Obviously with it being my home track, there’s a little bit of extra motivation as far as trying to win the race. Really it would be one, if not the biggest win of my career if we could go out and win one of the races this weekend at Michigan. I think that would be pretty special to me. I grew up a little bit over an hour from the track so getting down there and racing is always a pleasure. I’m looking forward to it. Michigan has been a good place for us. We’ve had some really strong runs there and I think we have some good notes and plans as far as what we have to do to have a good weekend at Michigan in the double header.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!