No. 95 Procore Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· Michigan Doubleheader: Christopher Bell will make his first and second NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) starts at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) in the No. 95 Procore Toyota Camry for Leavine Family Racing as the series heads to the Irish Hills for a double header weekend.
· Xfinity Series past at MIS: Bell has two NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) starts at MIS. In 2017, Bell started seventh after qualifying was rained out and despite spinning out twice, rebounded to complete all 91 laps in the rain-shortened race to finish 11th. In 2018, Bell narrowly missed starting on the pole and won stage two, but a miscommunication on when to pit in the final stage put him on a different strategy that didn’t work out since a caution never came as the race wound down, resulting in a 13th-place finish.
· Truck Success at Michigan: Bell has two starts in the NASCAR Truck Series at Michigan, earning one top five, and one top-10 finish.
· Loudon Recap: Bell started 35th based on a random draw but had a fast No. 95 Toyota and worked his way into the top 10. Two flat right-rear tires throughout the race derailed his efforts, but despite the setback Bell was able to rebound to salvage a 28th-place finish.
· Doubleheader Race Info: The FireKeepers Casino 400 at Michigan International Speedway begins at 4:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, August 8th, 2020 and will be broadcast live on NBCSN, Sirius XM 90 and MRN Radio. The Consumers Energy 400 begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, August 9th, 2020 and will also be broadcast on NBCSN, Sirius XM 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Christopher Bell: “I’m going to all these racetracks for the first time as a Cup rookie, so these back-to-back races are very beneficial for me. I can use what I learn from the first day for the second day. I’m ready to get to Michigan and see what we can do.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!