Zane Smith, No. 21 Bay Mountain Air Chevrolet Silverado
Michigan Gander Trucks Stats
- Making his first Gander Trucks start at Michigan International Speedway.
2020 Gander Trucks Stats
- Starts: 10
- Best start: 2
- Best finish: 3
- Top 5s: 2
- Top 10s: 6
- Stage Wins: 3
- Laps led: 131
- Although this will be his first Gander Trucks start at the track, Zane Smith has two ARCA Racing Series starts at Michigan with a best start of fifth in 2018.
- Smith and the No. 21 team will compete with chassis No. 331 in Friday’s event. This chassis is a brand new addition to the GMS stable.
- Bay Mountain Air, a HVAC and industrial refrigeration company based in Northern California, joins Smith for Friday’s event.
- Smith is projected sixth in the playoff standings entering Michigan, 77 points above the cut line.
- Smith is currently second in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle, four points behind the rookie leader.
“I’m ready for Michigan. It’ll be my first time in a truck, but I’ve been there before with ARCA so I know what to expect. Kansas didn’t end like we wanted so I’m looking to bounce back this weekend and secure our spot in the playoffs.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!