Series: ARCA Menards Series
Track: Kansas Speedway
Race: Dawn 150
Duration: 100 laps / 150 miles
Segments: Segment one – at or near lap 30. Segment two – at or near lap 60.
TV/Radio: 9:00PM CT FS1; MRN & SIRIUSXM Ch. 385 and online Ch. 985
· MAKEUP RACE: Friday’s race at Kansas Speedway, while not originally on the 2020 ARCA Menards Series schedule, is a makeup for the previously cancelled race at Chicagoland Speedway.
· DRIVER REPORT: This week’s VMS driver lineup:
o Corey Heim – No. 12 JBL Toyota Camry
o Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals, Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Toyota Camry
o Ryan Repko – No. 20 Craftsman, TORK Toyota Camry
o Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
· PREVIOUS STARTS: Drew Dollar and Michael Self enter the race as the only of the VMS teammates with a previous start at Kansas. Dollar has one start, earning a top-10 in 2019. Self, has four starts, earning one win (2017) and four top-five finishes.
· BOWMAN THE SHOWMAN: Alex Bowman earned VMS their first ever win at the 1.5-mile track in 2011. Christian Eckes followed that up with a win, as well as clinching the championship, in 2019.
· SPONSOR ALERT: Venturini Motorsports and Drew Dollar are pleased to welcome Sunbelt Rentals to the team as the primary sponsor on the No. 15 Toyota Camry for the duration of the 2020 ARCA Menards Series season.
· SCHEDULE: The Dawn 150 will have a limited practice session from 4:45-5:30PM Friday, utilizing the group practice.
· FIRST TIMES THE CHARM: Both Corey Heim and Ryan Repko will be making their first appearances at Kansas this weekend. Repko last raced at Kentucky Speedway and Heim at New Smyrna Speedway in ARCA Menards Series East competition.
· DOUBLE HEADER: Hitting the starting grid before the ARCA Menards Series will be the stars of the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series at 7:00PM CT on FS1.
· STARTING LINEUP: The starting field for the Dawn 150 will be set by 2020 Owners Points. By virtue of points, Self will start second, followed by Repko in third, Dollar in fifth and Heim in 10th.
· SUNBELT RENTALS: We MAKE IT HAPPEN! With a passionate team of 15,000 rental experts, a growing network of over 900 locations and an extensive equipment fleet that exceeds $10 billion, Sunbelt Rentals helps professionals and do-it-yourselfers get things done. With a highly diversified offering of equipment, solutions and services available, we assist customers throughout North America extend their capabilities, complete projects on-time and handle times of crisis. No matter if you are in commercial, industrial, residential, or municipal industries, we are constantly advancing the idea of what an equipment company can do for its customers. Visit sunbeltrentals.com to find out what we can do for you.
· SOCIAL: Fans can interact with VMS and their drivers on social media utilizing the different outlets:
o Facebook: VenturiniMotorsports
o Twitter: @VenturiniMotor
o Instagram: VenturiniMotorsports
o Hashtags: #FlyTheV #TeamToyota #DINOracing #PoweringChampions
Corey Heim – No. 12 JBL Toyota Camry
“I feel great getting back in the seat with Venturini Motorsports for the first time since early February. Making my first intermediate start with VMS will be a great experience and I expect to have good speed. It will be challenging to learn the basics of the new track with limited practice but I’m confident we can bring home a good finish Friday night.”
Drew Dollar – No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals, Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Toyota Camry
“Excited to get to Kansas Speedway this weekend. Venturini Motorsports dominated this race last year, so I’m hoping we can do the same thing this year. I’m proud to have a new partner on the car in Sunbelt Rentals and I look forward to representing them in their first entry into motorsports.”
Ryan Repko – No. 20 Craftsman, TORK Toyota Camry
“I really like the style of racing on the 1.5-mile race tracks. We had a great run at Kentucky Speedway so I’m looking forward to building on that this weekend at Kansas Speedway.”
Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“Kansas Speedway is definitely one of my favorite tracks on the ARCA schedule. I’ve got more experience there than any other intermediate track, so I’m hoping we can go in and use that and the notes we have from good runs there in the past to try and rebound from Iowa (Speedway). It should be a lot of fun racing under the lights on a weekend with all the other NASCAR Series, so I’m looking forward to it.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!