No. 20 DEX Imaging Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· Racing in the Heartland: Harrison Burton and the NASCAR Xfinity Series return to the track this week at Kansas Speedway for race number 17 of the 2020 season. Burton will be making his second-career NASCAR Xfinity Series start at the Kansas City, KS facility on Saturday afternoon, after starting 16th and finishing 34th following a lap 70 crash in his DEX Imaging Supra back in October.
· Texas Recap: The NASCAR Xfinity Series hit the track at Texas Motor Speedway last Saturday afternoon in sweltering conditions for race number 16 of the 2020 season. After starting in the seventh position, Burton went on to lead 17 laps and was credited with a fourth-place finish, securing his eighth top-five finish of the 2020 season.
· JGR at Kansas: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 48 total starts at Kansas Speedway in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. In those starts, the team has earned nine wins, 15 top-five finishes, 27 top-10 finishes and five pole starting positions. The team has led 1,169 laps, completed 8,818 of 9,632 attempted laps (91.5%) and earned an average start of 10.9 and an average finish of 13.7.
· Points Update: Burton and his DEX Imagining team currently sit seventh in the driver points standings, and hold a 159 point lead in the rookie of the year standings heading into this weekend’s race.
· DEX IMAGING: DEX Imaging returns as a full-time sponsor of Burton and the No. 20 team this season. DEX Imaging is the digital document imaging division of Staples, the world’s largest business solutions provider. DEX sells and services the broadest selection of copiers, printers, and data management solutions in the industry, such as Konica Minolta, Canon, Kyocera and HP. What makes DEX unique is its people, whose combined knowledge of cutting-edge business technologies and depth of service experience is unmatched. DEX Imaging’s success is directly tied to its mission: to help customers of all sizes drive down document-related expenses while improving productivity.
· RACE INFO: The Kansas Lottery 250 at Kansas Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, July 25, 2020. The race will begin at 5:00 p.m. ET and broadcast on NBCSN, MRN Radio and SIRIUS XM Channel 90.
From the Cockpit:
How did it feel to have a strong run in Texas after the past few races?
“It felt good to finally have another good run. It’s not that we haven’t been capable of it. It’s just mistakes I’ve made and things that happen that take us out of the race and mistakes that we’ve made as a team, I feel like we’ve kind of learned from all of those and we’re starting to clean it up and hopefully go on another little run here and win some more races. I’m really excited, I think our whole organization has got speed, just need to put it together more often. I’m looking forward to getting after it again this weekend in Kansas.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!