No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· HERBST AT TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: This weekend Riley Herbst will make his first-career start at Texas Motor Speedway in the Xfinity Series. In a season full of first for Herbst, this will again be a track that Herbst will see for the first time when he arrives on Saturday for the race.
· JGR AT TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 92 total starts at Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. In those starts, the team has earned 13 wins, 36 top-five finishes, 60 top-10 finishes and nine pole starting positions. The team has led 2,425 laps, completed 17,336 of 18,338 attempted laps (94.5%) and earned an average start of 10.2 and an average finish of 10.9. Kyle Busch leads the team with nine wins followed by Erik Jones with three wins and Christopher Bell with one win.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 18 SUPRA: This week Monster Energy will serve as the primary partner for the No. 18 Toyota Supra team.
· KENTUCKY RECAP: For the double header race week at Kentucky Speedway, Herbst scored a second-place finish in the Shady Rays 200 and finished 10th in the Alsco 300.
· POINTS UPDATE: With his two top-10 finishes at Kentucky Speedway, Herbst moves up to 10th in the Xfinity Series point standings.
· RACE INFO: The My Bariatric Solutions 300 at Texas Motor Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, July 18, 2020. The race will begin at 3:00 p.m. ET and broadcast on NBCSN, PRN Radio and SIRIUS XM Channel 90.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Riley Herbst: “Heading to Texas this week should be a fun race. After a few weeks of tracks where I had been before in the ARCA series, we’re back to a track that I have never been before and I will make my first laps when we start the race on Saturday. I’ve spent time with Dave (Rogers, crew chief) and watched videos of past races, as well as spent time in the sim to learn as much as I can to prepare for the race. We’re coming off two strong runs at Kentucky with our Monster Energy Supra team, so I think we can keep the momentum going this weekend, find our best line on the track and get us another top 10 finish and maybe even leave with some new cowboy hats. That would be a pretty cool for our first win.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!