No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· ALL-STAR ROUNDUP: Heading to a new venue, Bristol Motor Speedway, for the 2020 NASCAR All-Star race, Erik Jones will make his second appearance in the mid-season exhibition race. By virtue of his 2019 Southern 500 win at Darlington Raceway, Jones qualified his way in to the event. Jones has one previous start in the All-Star race at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2019 where he finished 19th. For Wednesday night’s event, Jones and the No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Toyota Camry team will roll off from the 16th position.
· JONES AT BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones has seven starts at Bristol Motor Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, Jones has three top-five finishes including earlier this season when he finished fifth. His best Cup Series finish at the Tennessee short track came during his rookie season when he led 260 laps before finishing second to Kyle Busch.
· JGR AT BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 142 total starts at Bristol Motor Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned 13 wins, 36 top-five finishes, 54 top-10 finishes and 11 pole starting positions. The team has led 6,064 laps, completed 66,391 of 70,934 attempted laps (93.6%) and earned an average start of 14.6 and an average finish of 17.1. Kyle Busch leads the team with seven wins followed by Denny Hamlin and Matt Kenseth with two wins each and Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards with one win each.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For the 2020 NASCAR All-Star Race, Jones will carry the red and black CRAFTSMAN paint scheme.
· POINTS UPDATE: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota team dropped one position following their 22nd-place finish at Kentucky Speedway. Jones now sits 18th in the Cup Series point standings.
· KENTUCKY RECAP: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team started the 400-mile race at Kentucky Speedway from the 16th position was able to run as high as second before finishing the race in the 22nd position.
· RACE INFO: The 2020 NASCAR All-Star race at Bristol Motor Speedway is scheduled for Wednesday, July 15, 2020. Coverage of the race will begin at 8:30 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!