Zane Smith, No. 21 Michael Roberts Construction Chevrolet Silverado
Kentucky Gander Trucks Stats
- Making his first Gander Trucks start at Kentucky Speedway.
2020 Gander Trucks Stats
- Starts: 6
- Best start: 6
- Best finish: 3
- Top 5s: 2
- Top 10s: 3
- Laps led: 27
- Although Saturday’s event will be Zane Smith’s first Gander Trucks start at Kentucky Speedway, the rookie has two ARCA Menards Series starts at the track with a best start of second and a best finish of second in 2017.
- Smith and the No. 21 team will compete with chassis No. 325 this week in Kentucky. Smith has raced this chassis twice this season including a third-place finish at Charlotte in May.
- Michael Roberts Construction will sponsor Smith’s No. 21 Chevrolet for Saturday’s event at Kentucky.
- Smith enters the Kentucky weekend in second place in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle. Smith is seventh in the championship standings.
“I’m ready to get to Kentucky. It’s my first time there in a truck, but I’ve been there before in ARCA and finished second. My guys have been building fast trucks all year and we had a strong run at Charlotte with this truck. Hopefully we can go out there and put together a good run Saturday night.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!