No. 20 DEX Imaging Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· Double Duty: Harrison Burton and the NASCAR Xfinity Series return to the track this week at Kentucky Speedway for back-to-back races at the 1.5-mile facility located in Sparta, Ky. Burton will be making his first-career NASCAR Xfinity Series start at Kentucky on Thursday night in his DEX Imagining Supra.
· Indy Recap: The NASCAR Xfinity Series made history last Saturday afternoon, becoming the first NASCAR series to tackle the 2.41-mile road course at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. After starting inside the top 10 based on a random draw, Burton was a mainstay inside the top 10 for the majority of the event, ultimately coming home 25th after having to come back down pit road for an unscheduled stop with seven laps remaining in the race.
· Points Update: Burton and his DEX Imaging team currently sit seventh in the NASCAR Xfinity Series driver points standings, 135 points back from first. However, if the playoffs started this week, Burton would be seeded third based off his two wins so far in 2020.
· JGR at Kentucky: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 64 total starts at Kentucky Speedway in NXS competition earning six wins, 28 top-five finishes, 38 top-10 finishes and nine pole starting positions. The team has led 1,544 laps, completed 12,063 of 12,716 attempted laps (94.5%) and earned an average start of 8.1 and an average finish of 11.4.
· DEX IMAGING: DEX Imaging returns as a full-time sponsor of Burton and the No. 20 team this season. DEX Imaging is the digital document imaging division of Staples, the world’s largest business solutions provider. DEX sells and services the broadest selection of copiers, printers, and data management solutions in the industry, such as Konica Minolta, Canon, Kyocera and HP. What makes DEX unique is its people, whose combined knowledge of cutting-edge business technologies and depth of service experience is unmatched. DEX Imaging’s success is directly tied to its mission: to help customers of all sizes drive down document-related expenses while improving productivity.
· RACE INFO: The Shady Rays 200 is scheduled for Thursday, July 9th at 8:00pm ET. live on FS1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio. Race number two of the week, the Alsco 300, is scheduled for Friday, July 10th at 8:00pm ET live on FS1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN radio.
From the Cockpit:
“I’m looking forward to getting back on the track and getting things turned around this week at Kentucky Speedway. We have had good speed in our DEX Imagining Supra this year, we just haven’t had the finishes to show for it the last couple of weeks. Kentucky is a really tricky track to get the setup right. Turns one and two have a lot of banking, and then turns three and four are flat and don’t have a lot of grip. It will be important to try and get our Supra set up for both ends of the racetrack. My guys continue to work hard and bring great cars every week, so I’m looking forward to Thursday night and hopefully getting another win under our belt.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!