No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· HERBST AT INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Riley Herbst will make his debut at the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway when the NASCAR Xfinity Series returns to the track this weekend to compete on the infield road course for the first time. With this being the inaugural event for the Xfinity Series, NASCAR will allow teams two practice sessions on Friday. This will be the first time any series has had practice since NASCAR returned to racing in May amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
· JGR AT INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) will make their debut on the road course at Indianapolis Motor Speedway and look to take home the inaugural trophy for the Pennzoil 150.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 18 SUPRA: This week Monster Energy will serve as the primary partner for the No. 18 Toyota Supra team.
· POCONO RECAP: For the Xfinity race at Pocono Raceway, Herbst started the race from the 24th position and ran as high as fifth early in the race. Maintaining his position in the top 10, Herbst was passing a competitor for seventh place on lap 47 when he was hit in the right-rear quarter panel by a competitor and spun on the frontstretch. Herbst pitted for repairs, but lost a lap while on pit road. Herbst spent the remainder of the race trying to get back on the lead lap and was able to get the Lucky Dog on lap 84 during the last caution of the race. With a fast Monster Energy Supra, Herbst was able to go from 21st to ninth in the final two laps to earn his sixth top-10 finish of the season.
· POINTS UPDATE: With his ninth-place finish at Pocono Raceway, Herbst remains 11th in the Xfinity Series point standings, but is now only seven points behind 10th place.
· RACE INFO: The Pennzoil 150 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course is scheduled for Saturday, July 4, 2020. Coverage will begin at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN and ISM Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Riley Herbst: “It’s going to be really cool to run this weekend at Indy. The place has so much history and has been such a big part of motorsports, it’s just going to make for a cool weekend all around. I’ve had some experience with road courses and I’m still learning how to get around them the best way, but the good thing about this weekend is that we are all running the road course for the first time. It’ll be nice to have practice this weekend to make some laps before we take the green-flag on Saturday. I like ovals better than road courses, but I know Dave(Rogers, crew chief), Tony (Hirschmann, spotter) and my Monster Energy team will have a fast Supra for me this weekend and will help me get comfortable and give us a shot at our first win on Saturday.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!