No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· HERBST AT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY: This weekend Riley Herbst will make his first-career Xfinity Series start at Talladega Superspeedway. Even though this will be Herbst first Xfinity Series race at the track, he has one Truck Series start where he was in contention for the win before finishing third in the 2019 event. In the ARCA Series, Herbst has three starts with a career-best finish of second in 2019.
· DOUBLE DUTY: Herbst will pull double duty on Saturday competing in both the Xfinity Series race and the ARCA Series race in the No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Camry. This will be Herbst second start in the ARCA Series this season.
· JGR AT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 49 total starts at Talladega Superspeedway in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. In those starts, the team has earned five wins, 15 top-five finishes, 22 top-10 finishes and five pole starting positions. The team has led 310 laps, completed 5,133 of 5,707 attempted laps (89.9%) and earned an average start of 10.6 and an average finish of 15.7. Mike McLaughlin, Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, Joey Logano and Elliott Sadler each have one win for the team.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 18 SUPRA: This week Monster Energy will serve as the primary partner for the No. 18 Toyota Supra team.
· HOMESTEAD-MIAMI RECAP: For the second race of the double-header at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Riley Herbst and the No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra team started the race from the sixth position and earned their second top-10 finish of the weekend with a ninth-place finish.
· POINTS UPDATE: Following his ninth-place finish at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Herbst remains 11th in the Xfinity Series point standings.
· RACE INFO: The Unhinged 300 at Talladega Superspeedway is scheduled for Saturday, June 20, 2020. Coverage will begin at 5:30 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1 and MRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Riley Herbst: “I’m looking forward to going back to a track I have been to before and not seeing it for the first time when we show up and making my first lap when we take the green flag. It’ll be nice to show up having some laps from the Truck Series and ARCA Series. Running both the Xfinity and ARCA races, and with how hot it will be on Saturday, it’s going to be super important to hydrate well and be ready for both races. I think we’ll be alright this week. We haven’t had practice the last few weeks and still had good finishes, so I think we’ll be good for this weekend.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!